smaller centre to be effective

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 17.09.2019 07:48
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Freddie Freeman heard fans calling his name and, with dark clouds moving in, he knew the grounds crew had just removed the cover from the infield tarp. What better time for a game-winning hit? Freemans single to the centre-field wall scored Jason Heyward from second base with two outs in the 10th inning on Sunday, lifting the Atlanta Braves to a 1-0 win over the Cincinnati Reds. "You live for moments like that when you want to be a big league player," Freeman said. "You hear the crowd chanting your name and you want to come through. So it was a pretty cool moment." Freemans big hit saved the game from an almost certain wait through bad weather. "I was like, Yes, we dont have to go to any more innings and we wont have a rain delay," Freeman said. "We were all thinking about it." Sure enough, minutes after the postgame celebration ended on the field, a thunderstorm brought lightning and heavy rain to Turner Field. Cincinnatis Johnny Cueto and Atlantas Julio Teheran were spectacular. Each allowed only three hits in eight scoreless innings before giving way to relievers. "It was a great game," Cueto said through a translator. "We both competed. Things went good for us, him and me." Cueto struck out 11. He has allowed only one run in his last three starts, leaving him with a 1.15 ERA. Teheran also has given up just one run in his last three starts. His 1.47 ERA has helped the Braves starters lead the majors with their 1.57 mark. "He just keeps getting better and better," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. With two outs in the 10th, Heyward hit a single up the middle off J.J. Hoover (1-3). B.J. Upton followed with a grounder that bounced off Hoovers glove toward shortstop for an infield hit. "I thought I had it and it kind of hit a second gear and just tipped out of my glove," Hoover said. Left-hander Manny Parra was summoned to face Freeman, who hit a second-pitch fastball for a drive that bounced on the warning track beyond centre fielder Billy Hamiltons reach. Braves players swarmed Freeman at second base following Atlantas first three-game sweep of the Reds since 2008. Freeman tried to duck from the swarm of congratulatory slaps and swats. "I got hit from every angle, but its always a good feeling," he said. The Reds couldnt take advantage of a scoring opportunity in the 10th. Ryan Ludwick hit a one-out single off David Carpenter and moved to second on Zack Cozarts two-out single. Pitcher Mike Leake pinch-ran for Ludwick at second base. Atlanta left-hander Ian Thomas (1-0) ended the threat by getting pinch-hitter Roger Bernadina to pop up. Cueto, coming off back-to-back, complete-game wins over Pittsburgh, finished one strikeout away from his career high of 12 set April 16 against the Pirates. Teheran struck out five and walked two. Jordan Walden maintained the impressive pitching by recording two strikeouts in a perfect ninth. Reds manager Bryan Price and pitcher Homer Bailey were ejected in the first inning after a replay ruling went against them. Price asked for a replay after first-base umpire Greg Gibson called Upton safe on a pickoff throw from Johnny Cueto. The replays shown on the video board indicated first baseman Joey Votto may have applied the tag before Upton reached the bag. Price came back out of the dugout after the ruling that the call stands, meaning there was not "clear and convincing" evidence to overturn it. Price was ejected by crew chief Bill Miller, the second-base umpire. Miller also tossed Bailey, who argued from the Reds dugout. "In the end, you have the biggest Jumbotron in the country out there in centre field that would strongly suggest that the runner was out on the pickoff," Price said. "And then to say that hes not seems to contradict what everyone in the ballpark thought was an out. I didnt get it. It didnt make any sense to me." NOTES: The Reds, playing their first extra-inning game of the season, completed a 5-5 road trip. ... RHP Alfredo Simon will face Cubs RHP Jeff Samardzija on Monday in Cincinnati. ... The Braves are off on Monday before beginning a series at Miami on Tuesday when LHP Alex Wood will face RHP Jose Fernandez. ... The ejections were the first for the Reds since Brandon Phillips on Sept. 1, 2012 at Houston. The last Reds manager to be ejected was Dusty Baker on Aug. 28, 2011. Marqise Lee Jersey . -- Mike Shanahan gave Robert Griffin III a rest, and may have turned up the pressure on himself, too. Jawaan Taylor Youth Jersey .C. United on Saturday night and boost the Unions playoff hopes. Nick DeLeon scored in the 36th minute for United (3-23-6), which had ample opportunities to build on its lead but went its 10th straight match without a victory. http://www.authenticjaguarslockroom.com/...r-Elite-Jersey/. - The Washington Redskins have signed free agent offensive lineman Mike McGlynn. Taven Bryan Jersey .Lets go back to the Avs, who have become one of the funnest teams to watch in this years playoffs. Yannick Ngakoue Jersey . The Redblacks host the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (7-9) Friday night in their last home game of the year and as of Thursday afternoon, the team was anticipating a ninth consecutive sellout. You can watch all the action on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5 beginning at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt.MIAMI – The Toronto Raptors havent defeated the Miami Heat since January 27, 2010, less than five months before the Big Three joined forces in Miami. Thats 14 consecutive losses to the two-time defending champs, and most of them were over before they even began. Result notwithstanding, Sundays game had a very different feel to it. The Raptors believed they had a chance, they felt like they should win and to their credit, they nearly pulled it out. The mentality has changed and so too have the expectations, evident in the visitors locker room after the teams 102-97 loss at AmericanAirlines Arena. "I like the way our guys fought," coach Dwane Casey said after the loss, his teams first in six games. "But, again, you dont get a win or any medals or anything for losing." "I like what our guys are building. I know where we are. Ive said it, I havent wavered from it. I like the direction were going. Were building something [but when] youre playing against the best, youve got to do the little things and there cant be any slippage." Riding a five-game winning streak, which included an impressive victory over the conference-best Pacers, the Raptors never looked out of place against the second-place Heat. They led by as many as nine in the third, up five going into the fourth quarter and had a chance to tie when Kyle Lowry missed a step-back triple with four seconds remaining. The performance validated the legitimacy of their recent success and proved they can compete with the leagues best. That may be a revelation to those who are just tuning in but it comes as no surprise internally, as Lowry firmly pointed out. "We played the Pacers a couple games ago and played them tough, we played the top two teams tough, theres no moral victories at all," said the Raptors point guard, who had 14 points and nine assists in the loss. "We just know we can play with anybody, weve been saying that for a long time. We could play with anybody." "It says a lot," added DeMar DeRozan after scoring a game-high 26. "It says no matter who we play were going to go out there and play hard. People are going to have to worry about us when we come in their building or they come in our building. Were not no scrub team." DeRozan - who was spectacular in the first half, shooting 8-of-10 - made just two of his eight fourth-quarter attempts, forcing tough jumpers. As a team, the Raptors shot 29 per cent in the final frame and went an uncharacteristically terrible 12-of-21 from the line on the night.dddddddddddd LeBron James, who was guarded primarily by sophomore Terrence Ross, went off for 30 points on just 18 shots. They gave up 14 offensive boards - including three on one possession - to the worst offensive rebounding team in the league. A month ago Casey may have focused on the positives, the fact that his team hung in with the champs. Its a process, he would say. Now he expects more, a true indication of their evolution and how far theyve come since they dropped a pair of games to the Heat at home in November. "You shoot 57 per cent from the free throw line, youre not going to beat too many people, I dont care if its [the] Miami Heat or Miami-Dade High School," he said. "The 30th offensive rebounding team in the league and they get 14. Thats not acceptable for us. Our interior people have to do a better job of finding bodies." He was especially critical of 21-year-old Jonas Valanciunas, who held his own in the second half after getting off to a slow start against a smaller Heat lineup. "Second half he played much better [but] first half he didnt do anything," Casey said. "A lot of those offensive rebounds were coming over his back. Hes got to dominate, especially against a smaller centre to be effective, to stay in the game." Still, Valanciunas was on the floor down the stretch, along with Ross and the rest of the Raptors starters. Casey comfortably stood his ground, forcing Miami to match-up with him rather than the other way around. Finally, the Raptors are well on their way to developing and, most importantly, maintaining an identity. "Weve all noticed," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said of Torontos improvement before the game. Theres no such thing as a "moral victory" in the NBA. In fact, Casey and company couldnt bear to hear the term after the loss but if Sundays game was a litmus test, as Torontos coach suggested pre-game, than the Raptors came out in pretty good shape. "Were a different team than when we played them before," Casey said ahead of Sundays meeting. "But still, we have to have a healthy amount of respect for the Miami Heat." "Were not thinking that were at the level of the team [we played] tonight, were not there yet, but that is our goal. Were striving to be like the Heat." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 5 Gäste sind Online:
onedayshot

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: onedayshot
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5225 Themen und 5227 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder Online:
createmailed, jigyasaS, ketoburnmax1, ketoburnmax89, onedayshot, SamThur, toxiburnprice, ZomatoCoupons

| FAQ