we scored runs when we needed to

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 17.09.2019 07:48
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

BEREA, Ohio -- Mike Pettine knows he might not have been Clevelands first choice or even the Browns second pick. All that matters to the son of a high school coaching legend is that hes the one they selected. "Its been my life-long dream to be an NFL head coach," Pettine said Thursday, "and however that opportunity presents itself, its fine with me." After nearly a month of twists, turns and talk, the Browns found their man. Buffalos defensive co-ordinator, who didnt seem to be on Clevelands radar when the team began a coaching search last month, signed a five-year contract Thursday and was named the Browns seventh full-time coach since 1999. Pettine replaces Rob Chudzinski, fired on Dec. 29 after just one season. The Browns interviewed 10 candidates before deciding on the 47-year-old Pettine, who has built a solid reputation with a no-nonsense approach with his players. "I have been nicknamed BFT -- Blunt Force Trauma," he said. "The days are too short to dance around subjects some time and I think guys appreciate that." His straight-forward style attracted Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, who set out to find a "strong winner" and feels the clean-shaven Pettine can lead Clevelands resurgence. "Hes very smart," Haslam said. "Hes aggressive. Hes innovative. You can see hes tough. Hes going to be very demanding. Hes going to set high standards for our organization." Pettine spent one year with the Bills after four as Rex Ryans defensive co-ordinator with the New York Jets. Before that, Pettine was an assistant coach in Baltimore, giving him some familiarity in Clevelands division. Pettine understands there are challenges in turning around the Browns, who have lost at least 11 games in each of the past six seasons and made the playoffs once in their expansion era. Pettine believes the Browns have talent -- as evidenced by their six Pro Bowlers -- and wants to be the one to return them to glory. "Theres only 32 of these jobs and they dont come along often," Pettine said. "People ask me, Why didnt you wait? There will be chances next year? I dont know if I believe in that. When you put all the factors together, this franchise is in position, given the right leadership, to win." Pettine emerged as the favourite to become Clevelands fourth coach in six years as the Browns eliminated candidates and Denver offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase, considered the front-runner when the search started, told the team to move on without him. His hiring ends a 25-day odyssey for the Browns. It was a quest filled with rumours, denials, withdrawals and far too much drama for a franchise seeking stability. At the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, Browns tight end Jordan Cameron echoed the sentiments of most Cleveland fans. "Im just happy to have a coach," he said. The Browns flew to Mobile, Ala., on Tuesday to interview Pettine for the second time at the Senior Bowl. The four-hour meeting came shortly after Gase, the first candidate the team contacted, called Haslam and withdrew from consideration. The team had been expected to give Seattle defensive co-ordinator Dan Quinn a second interview, but if he was their pick, the Browns would have had to wait until after the Super Bowl to finalize a deal. Banner said the decision to hire Pettine before speaking with Quinn a second time was "tough." As six other teams filled their head-coaching vacancies, the Browns kept looking. The lengthy delay led to a national perception the team didnt have a clear plan. Aware of the criticism, Haslam sent a letter to Cleveland fans last week explaining why the team was being "methodical" in finding Chudzinskis replacement. Haslam argued the view of the Browns was media driven. "Thats a perception that you all have generated," he said to reporters. "Thats not the perception among candidates or football people that Ive talked to around the country." Browns CEO Joe Banner took a playful jab at Clevelands front office, which was characterized locally as "The Three Stooges" when the search began. "I dont know if you had a chance to meet Mike, but since (GM) Mike Lombardi and I are Moe and Larry, we went and set out to find Curly and we succeeded," he said. "Thats why it took so long; there arent a lot of Curlys running around the country." Now that hes in place, Pettine is ready to roll up his sleeves and fix the Browns. Football is in his blood. He learned the game from his father, Mike Pettine Sr., who won four Pennsylvania state championships and retired as the winningest coach in state history. Not long after getting the job, Pettine phoned his dad. "It was special," he said. "It didnt last very long because he knew I had a lot of stuff to get done. My poor mom answered the phone and he said "Is that Michael?" He ripped it out of her hands. They were both excited and knew how much work it went into this." Dillon Brooks Grizzlies Jersey . Neither player was available Saturday for the Knicks 107-98 loss in Atlanta. "Were going in a different direction and weve got to figure out another spot or two for our ballclub," coach Mike Woodson said before the game. Kyle Anderson Jersey . -- Navy football player Will McKamey, who has been hospitalized since collapsing at practice three days ago, has died while in a coma. http://www.grizzliesbasketballpro.info/M...lies-Jersey/.ca. Kerry, In Mondays Habs/Bruins game, there were three questionable/brutal calls against the Habs late in the game - Tomas Plekanec, then Douglas Murray, then Brendan Gallagher. Lorenzen Wright Jersey . The pair ended pointless droughts when they each scored two goals in a 6-4 victory over the Winnipeg Jets that halted a two-game losing skid for the Stars (15-11-5). Kyle Anderson Grizzlies Jersey . Left back Layvin Kurzawa put Monaco ahead in the 36th minute with a low shot after being set up by midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia, sweeping the ball in after running onto Kondogbias cross from the left.HOUSTON -- Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon has talked often about how Yunel Escobar deserves All-Star consideration for his stellar play at shortstop this season. The defensive standout showed on Thursday that he also can be a force on offence. Escobar tied a season high by driving in three runs, including a tiebreaking double in the 11th inning that sent the Rays to a 7-5 victory over the Houston Astros. Escobar and Desmond Jennings each doubled twice and singled, helping Tampa Bay win for the fifth time in six games. "Im just going out there trying to play the game and have fun," he said. "This is the first time in my career that I really feel like Im having fun and I can be myself. Im enjoying playing the game." Brett Wallace homered twice for the Astros. Jose Lobaton walked to start the 11th and moved to second on a passed ball by Jason Castro. Escobar then doubled into the right-field corner off Josh Fields (0-1). Escobar advanced on Desmond Jennings fly ball to right and came home on a wild pitch by Wesley Wright. Jamey Wright (2-1) pitched a scoreless 10th for the win and Fernando Rodney finished for his 18th save. Wallace hit a three-run shot in the eighth inning, tying it at 5 with his second homer of the game. The Rays had just grabbed the lead with three runs in the top half, including a two-run double by Escobar. "(It) was an emotional roller coaster," Astros manager Bo Porter said. "To give up the three and fall behind and then come back the next inning and have (Wallace) hit the big three-run homer, you really just want to build off that momentum and end it right there if you can." Evan Longoria had a run-scoring groundout in the first for Tampa Bay, and Escobar came on home on Jordan Lyles wild pitch in the seventh, tying it at 2. Wallace hit a solo homer in the fourth, and Jake Elmore had a sacrifice fly in the fifth for the Astros. Elmore sparked Houstons rally in the eighth with a leadoff walk. Jose Altuve then singled before Wallace drove a 1-2 pitch from Joel Peralta over thee wall in right for his third homer since he rejoined the Astros from Triple-A last week.dddddddddddd. Escobar had the big blow in the top half of the inning, a long two-run double that landed on Tals Hill in straightaway centre field. Brandon Barnes appeared to have a shot to bring it in, but tripped and fell running up the hill. "How about Escobar? How far was that ball hit to centre field?" Maddon said. "You dont see that play anywhere else in baseball, but their centre fielder did a nice job. He went after that ball really, really well. I thought he had a chance and the hill got him." Tampa Bay rookie starter Chris Archer yielded two hits and two runs in six innings. "I felt like all things were clicking, the defence was making outstanding plays, we scored runs in a timely fashion and overall todays game was kind of like the definition of the Rays," he said. "We pitched pretty well, we scored runs when we needed to, and we played defence." Lyles allowed six hits and walked three in 6 2-3 innings. It was a much better performance than his previous two starts, when he allowed 12 runs and 15 hits combined. Longoria was Tampa Bays designated hitter for the third straight game after missing the previous three games with plantar fasciitis in his right foot. James Loney had a single in the Tampa Bay fourth to extend his hitting streak to a career-high-tying 15 games. The other time he achieved the feat was in 2008. NOTES: Rays RF Wil Myers, a rookie who is considered one of best prospects in baseball, had a nifty diving catch to rob Castro of a hit in the first. ... Tampa Bay returns home on Friday to start a three-game series with the Chicago White Sox, with Jeremy Hellickson on the mound for the Rays against Dylan Axelrod. ... The Astros travel to Arlington to take on the Rangers on Friday. Houstons Lucas Harrell opposes Nick Tepesch. ... RHP Mark Appel, the first overall selection in the draft by Houston, is scheduled to make his professional debut on Friday for Single-A Tri City. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: mellowss
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5233 Themen und 5235 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder Online:
bivinextream, gelonoie, hadhaiwasay, macrosupreme, macrosupremereview, mellowss, RobinSamson, RozyDork

| FAQ