Cigar dies at Rood & Riddle

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 15.09.2019 07:48
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

SEATTLE -- Felix Hernandez has been on a record-setting pattern over the past three months and Seattle Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon wants to make sure it continues when it means a lot more. Hernandez (12-3) went eight innings, allowed one run, struck out eight and walked one in the Mariners 4-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves Tuesday. It was his 15th straight start -- dating back to May 18 -- in which he worked at least seven innings and allowed two runs or fewer, an on-going big-league record. Hernandez also tied Gaylord Perrys 1974 streak with Cleveland when he had 15 straight starts with at least seven innings and allowing two or fewer earned runs. Hernandez threw just 97 pitches without a lot of stressful innings. He wanted the chance at his first complete game in nearly two years but that was enough for McClendon. Fernando Rodney worked the ninth, allowed a run but earned his 31st save in 34 opportunities. "It was my decision," McClendon said. "Ill continue to do this. Ill continue to protect my players. Im trying to win meaningful games in September. I want Felix healthy and strong in September. "Im like Frank Sinatra, were doing it my way." Hernandez, who used to bluster and argue to remain in the game, said he has eased his resistance. "I appreciate that," he said. "He said, youre done. Im done." During his 15-game streak Hernandez is just 8-2. His teammates had scored just 10 runs over his previous five starts when he went 1-1 with three no-decisions. But a fourth-inning error by Braves second baseman Tommy La Stella contributed directly the Mariners go-ahead runs. With the score tie 1-all, two outs and runners on second and third, Chris Taylor popped up behind the first-base bag. La Stella camped under it, leaned back and it caromed off his glove. "I was frustrated," Taylor said. "I thought I was right on it. I just got underneath it. I knew guys were on so I wanted to get a hit. Luckily, he dropped it and I was able to get on second in scoring position." Both runners scored and Taylor advanced to second. He scored on Austin Jacksons single to left. The Braves have lost seven straight. "Its just a physical error and you cant do anything about it," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "And it did cost us those three runs that scored. Sometimes its just the way stuffs going." Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager added, "thats what youre supposed to do. When you get an opportunity you take advantage of it. We were to get two runs on that one. Then Jackson got a big hit. Four runs with Felix going, thats a good combination. Alex Wood (7-9) worked six innings, allowing five hits, just one earned run, walked four and stuck out five. "I thought he (Wood) pitched terrific," Gonzalez said. "Getting a couple runs against Felix and you just cant recover." Hernandez lowered his earned run average to a league-leading 1.97. In Interleague play, he has a 17-7 record and is 5-0 with a 1.20 ERA over his last eight starts against National League teams. He has the best ever ERA in Interleague play 2.54. HAWK TALK Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez, OF Justin Upton and 3B Chris Johnson were among eight Braves personnel who visited the Seahawks training camp during Mondays off day. "I got to spend time with Coach (Pete) Carroll a little bit. That was really cool," Gonzalez said. "We talked a little philosophy afterward. Its a different shaped ball but youre still leading men, still managing people." QB Russell Wilson, who signed a minor-league deal with the Texas Rangers this year, also spent time talking with Upton and Johnson. KINGS FULL COURT Whenever Hernandez pitches at Safeco Field, yellow-shirted fans fill the third-base-side lower desk, flashing K signs and chanting when the batter has two strikes. A huge turkey leg, arriving on a silver platter, also is passed around to be consumed by the subjects. Six sections were filled Tuesday, most ever in the lower bowl. The MLB Network filmed the experience to show for a future show. TRAINERS ROOM Mariners: OF Michael Saunders (strained left oblique) was expected to go through the full array of drills to determined his fitness. He has been on the DL since July 11. "My hope is that Michael will be able to go out on (rehab) Thursday," Manager Lloyd McClendon said. Braves: SS Andrelton Simmons had to leave the game with one out in the fourth innings when he sprained his left ankle covered the third-base bag. Ramiro Pena replaced him. Simmons will be reevaluated Wednesday. Jalen Hurd 49ers Jersey . -- Hee Young Park topped the leaderboard at 8 under Friday in the suspended second round of the Kingsmill Championship. George Kittle Jersey .500 ball against teams with winning records, so they needed a huge lift from somebody Tuesday night in a matchup of division leaders. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Frank-Gore-Jersey/.com) - There may be a debate in Philadelphia about who should be the starting quarterback of the Eagles. Nick Bosa Youth Jersey ." One game is checked off, 15 remain and the next one to get crossed out could come Tuesday night when the defending champion Heat host the Milwaukee Bucks in Game 2 of their Eastern Conference playoff series. Nick Bosa 49ers Jersey .com) - Former foes from the Mountain West Conference battle in the 23rd annual Las Vegas Bowl, as the 23rd-ranked Utah Utes clash with the Colorado State Rams at Sam Boyd Stadium on Saturday.Hallandale Beach, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Thoroughbred racing fans have voted as the top racing moment of 2014 the Kentucky Derby victory of California Chrome. Of the 10 nominated events for the 2014 National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) Moment of the Year, California Chromes 1 3/4-length win in the $2 million Run for the Roses garnered the most votes cast. The 3-year- olds win over longshot Commanding Curve received 30.5 percent of the online ballots. California Chromes win in the Kentucky Derby was the signature effort by one of the most popular racehorses of this decade, said Keith Chamblin, NTRA Senior Vice President of Marketing. This year was arguably the deepest pool of moments weve ever had but in the end the fans reminded us that nothing trumps an awesome performance by a legendary horse. The winning moment will be recognized at Saturdays 44th Annual Eclipse Awards at Gulfstream Park. Last years winning Moment was Mucho Macho Mans nose victory over Will Take Charge in the $5 million Breeders Cup Classic. Here are the nominated moments with voting percentages: Seven-year-old gelding Game On Dude wins the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap by 1 3/4 lengths, becoming the first three-time winner in the Big Caps rich 77- year history. (9.62) With his victory aboard We Miss Artie in the Spiral Stakes at Turfway Park, Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez becomes the first North American rider to surpass $300 million in career earnings. (0.47) California Chrome wins the 140th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in front of a crowd of 164,906, second-largest in Derby history. He becomes the first horse bred in the Golden State to wear the garland of roses since Decidedly in 1962. It is the second Derby victory for jockey Victor Espinoza and first for Art Sherman, who became the oldest Derby-winning trainer at 77. (30.5) California Chromes quest to become racings first Triple Crown winner in 36 years falls short as the heavy favorite dead-heats for fourth behind winner Tonalist in the 146th Belmont Stakes. The third-largestt crowd in Belmont history, 102,199, watches the drama unfold, while another 20.dddddddddddd6 million viewers, the second-highest Belmont viewership on record, tune in on NBC. In the aftermath co-owner Steve Coburn tells NBC?s Kenny Rice that the result is a coward?s way out, a sound bite that is replayed countless times in mainstream media. (5.69) Trainer Jimmy Jerkens saddles the top two finishers in the $1 million Travers, with V.E. Day besting stablemate Wicked Strong in the Mid-Summer Derby at Saratoga Race Course. (0.94) Two-time defending Horse of the Year Wise Dan returns after more than two months of recovery from emergency colic surgery to win the Bernard Baruch at Saratoga Race Course with John Velazquez up. (20.07) Track announcer Tom Durkin calls the final race of his illustrious 43-year career at Saratoga Race Course. Following the featured Spinaway Stakes - in which Condo Commando was splash-tastic! - Durkin is treated to a long standing ovation and an emotional retirement ceremony in the winners circle, coverage of which makes the front page of The New York Times. (17.49) Two-time Horse of the Year Cigar dies at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital from complications following surgery for severe osteoarthritis in his neck. The popular member of racings Hall of Fame, who once won 16 consecutive races, had resided at the Kentucky Horse Parks Hall of Champions since his retirement in 1999. (4.99) Jockey Rosie Napravnik announces her retirement and pregnancy live on NBC Sports after winning the $2 million Breeders Cup Distaff aboard Untapable. (6.22) Bayern survives a tense inquiry into bumping at the start to win a controversial running of the $5 million Breeders Cup Classic, the first Classic win for Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert, owner Kaleem Shah and jockey Martin Garcia. (3.99) This was the 16th year that horse racing fans, through the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, have been able to cast votes for the top event in thoroughbred racing. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: swellKetodi
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5267 Themen und 5269 Beiträge.

Heute waren 7 Mitglieder Online:
AndrewThur, cryptoengine, LornJhon, magmaargo, swellKetodi, wildleanketo0, wunderketoshark

| FAQ