hit a short fly and Jones struck ou

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 15.09.2019 07:47
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- For a second year in a row, the Montreal Alouettes will start the CFL season with a new head coach. Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall announced Monday that Tom Higgins will be the clubs new head coach. The former Edmonton Eskimos and Calgary Stampeders bench boss replaces general manager Jim Popp, who took over on Aug. 1 when the inexperienced Dan Hawkins was fired only five games into the 2013 season. Wetenhall made it clear in a statement that he did not want Popp, who is considered one of the CFLs best GMs but has a career 16-20 record as a coach, to continue in both jobs. "As Ive expressed to the media in recent weeks, I wanted to continue with the formula which has brought us the success weve enjoyed these past 17 years -- having a full-time head coach and a full-time general manager to fill each of these positions," said Wetenhall. "The criteria we established was to find an individual familiar with the CFL; someone with success in that position and a background as a position coach. In addition, we sought an individual with a record for moulding and delivering championship teams. "In Toms seven years as a head coach he won three division championships along with a Grey Cup, and twice earned recognition as the CFLs coach of the year. His head coaching record of 72-53-1 speaks for itself. We welcome Tom to the Alouettes family." Popp had made no secret of wanting to continue coaching, but Wetenhall put out a statement recently saying candidates would be interviewed. A year ago, the Alouettes waited until Feb. 19 to name Hawkins, a former U.S. university coach with no experience of the Canadian game. He was 2-3 when he was fired with the team in disarray. Popp, the Alouettes GM since they returned to Montreal in 1996, took over as coach for the third time in his career and went 6-7. It marked only the second time since 1996 the team had a losing record, matching the 8-10 mark Popp put up in his only full season as head coach in 2007. It hurt that starting quarterback Anthony Calvillo was lost for the season in August to a concussion. This time, the team waited five days longer to name a new coach and came up with Higgins, who stepped down in December after five years as the CFLs director of officiating. Higgins did not even get introduced at a press conference. The club said "time constraints and personal obligations" prevented bringing him to Montreal for the announcement, but that he will talk to the media Tuesday on a conference call. He takes over a team that will not have CFL all-time passing leader Calvillo as its starter for the first time since 2000. Instead, 2006 Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith and young prospect Tanner Marsh are pegged to replace the retired future Hall of Famer. Higgins, who will turn 60 on July 13, led the Eskimos to 13-5 records twice and won a Grey Cup in 2003 in his four years with the club. He had a 28-25 record in three seasons in Calgary from 2005 to 2007. "Tom has worked with and tutored many of the CFLs finest quarterbacks -- Doug Flutie, Henry Burris and Ricky Ray, to mention a few," said team president Mark Weightman. "His expertise will be invaluable in the development of Troy Smith and Tanner Marsh." Higgins has spent 23 years in various CFL jobs, including a stint as GM in Edmonton. A native of Woodbridge, N.J., and a former linebacker and defensive tackle, Higgins played for Calgary and Saskatchewan in the 1970s. Popp replaced Rod Rust as coach at the end of the 2001 season, but gave way for Don Matthews the following season. He stepped in again when Matthews left for health reasons in 2006. Marc Trestman, now coach of the Chicago Bears, coached the club from 2008-2012, winning two Grey Cups. Dikembe Mutombo Nuggets Jersey . A fully booked flight forced me to leave two hours later. After a nice meal in which I studied the stats of the Argo win, I prepared to leave the restaurant. As I was gathering my things to leave many large individuals began to walk up and wait for tables. Michael Porter Nuggets Jersey . The Blue Jackets play Thursday night at New Jersey in their first game after the NHLs Olympic hiatus. A native of Trencin, Slovakia, Gaborik has represented his country at the 2006 and 2010 Olympics but was unable to play in Sochi because of his injury. http://www.authenticnuggetsproshop.com/T...lsh-Jersey/.500 were once common achievements for the Dallas Mavericks. Now, both are season highs as Dallas slowly works its way back into playoff contention in the Western Conference. Custom Denver Nuggets Jerseys . Two-time Olympic bronze medallists Savchenko and Szolkowy received 79.02 points to finish ahead of world bronze medallists Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford of Canada, who had 77.01 points. Gary Harris Jersey .J. - Henrik Lundqvist has done more than set a couple of franchise records for the New York Rangers this week. BALTIMORE -- The Chicago White Sox had yielded 14 hits, including a career-high 11 by starter Chris Sale, yet still stood poised to end their four-game losing streak. And then the magic vanished. Chris Davis hit a pinch-hit, three-run homer in the ninth inning off Ronald Belisario to doom to the White Sox to a 6-4 defeat Monday night. Chicago had no right to be in position to win, given that the Orioles got a hit in every inning and finished with three home runs. Sale, who came in 6-1 with a 2.20 ERA, worked out of one jam after another in six innings. The left-hander walked one, hit a batter and had a season-low three strikeouts. "My own manager was calling me Houdini," Sale said. "I just got lucky in some cases. I should have lost that game easily in terms of giving up more runs." Davis was excluded from the starting lineup after batting just .130 in his previous 14 starts. Called upon by manager Buck Showalter with runners on first and second and one out in the ninth, Davis launched a 3-2 pitch into the right-field seats. "I made a mistake with it," Belasario (3-4) said. "For me, its pretty tough. Im trying to get my job done, but things happen." Davis, who led the majors in home runs and RBIs last year, started the game in the dugout with a .216 batting average and 78 strikeouts in 218 at-bats. Adam Jones and Caleb Joseph also homered for the Orioles, who trailed 4-2 in the eighth before rallying to hand the White Sox their eighth straight road loss. Brad Brach (1-0) pitched two hitless innings for Baltimore. Jose Abreu hit his 22nd homer and drove in three runs for Chicago, which went 1 for 11 with runners in scoring position. "Bad times are part of this and I think what we have to do is we have to play together," Abreu said. "We have to get united. Tough times are going to be there. Thats part of the game." Chicago trailed 2-1 until Abreu led off the sixth with a drive over the wall in centre. Dayan Viciedo followed with a double and Conor Gillaspie chased Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen with a run-scoring double.dddddddddddd An RBI double by Abreu made it 4-2 in the seventh. The rookie ranks third in the AL in home runs and his 60 RBIs is tied for third. Joseph hit his second homer in two games, a solo shot off Zach Putnam in the eighth. The drive capped the rookies first career three-hit game. That set the stage for Davis 13th home run. He hit 53 last year. "I was really proud of the at-bat," Davis said. "After I got down 0-1, I was really trying to elevate the ball, get a pitch out over the plate. I was able to lay off some pitches, fouled one off that probably wasnt a strike, but at that point I was just trying to protect." Baltimore went up 2-0 in the first inning when Steve Pearce walked and Jones followed with a drive to centre that bounced off the top of the wall, only the fifth home run allowed by Sale this season. Chicago got a run back in the third. Adam Eaton reached on an infield hit, Gordon Beckham doubled and Abreu hit a run-scoring groundout. In the bottom half, Sale struck out Delmon Young and J.J. Hardy after the Orioles put runners on the corners with one out. One inning later, Baltimore loaded the bases with one out before Pearce hit a short fly and Jones struck out. The trend continued in the fifth, when three straight singles filled the bases with no outs. After Manny Machado hit into a force at the plate, Jonathan Schoop bounced into a 4-6-3 double play. NOTES: Jones HR was his 151st with Baltimore, tying Chris Hoiles for 10th place on the Orioles career list. Of his 14 HRs this season, 10 have been solo shots. ... Eaton has reached base in 18 straight games, the longest streak by a White Sox left-handed batter since Juan Pierre had an 18-game run in 2011. ... Miguel Gonzalez makes his second career start against the White Sox on Tuesday night. Lefty Jose Quintana starts for Chicago. .... Pearces career-high run of five straight multihit games ended. ... The crowd of 17, 931 pushed the season total at Camden Yards of 1 million after 33 home dates, two games ahead of last year. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 1 Gast sind Online:
mellowss

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: mellowss
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5233 Themen und 5235 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder Online:
bivinextream, gelonoie, hadhaiwasay, macrosupreme, macrosupremereview, mellowss, RobinSamson, RozyDork

| FAQ