ndersson then scored 1:16 ap

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 12.09.2019 05:01
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Like most kids growing up near Boston, David Blatt lived and breathed the Celtics. They were his team, the only team. Pressing a transistor radio against his ear, Blatt listened as legendary announcer Johnny Most described how Bill Russell grabbed rebounds and when John Havlicek "stole the ball!" At an early age, he was hooked on hoops. "I kind of had that NBA dream in my ear and in my heart," Blatt said. And now, its back in his life. Blatt was introduced Wednesday as the new coach of the Cavaliers, a team in transition as it prepares to select first in the NBA draft and make a strong run at LeBron James, the soon-to-be free agent who has several other teams making moves to try and get him. Blatt spent the past two decades in Israel, where he developed into a top international coach. Now, after winning numerous titles across Europe and guiding Russia to a bronze medal in the 2012 London Olympics, Blatt is ready to take on the challenge of coaching on pro basketballs biggest stage. It was time to make the jump, and the Cavs helped Blatts overseas leap. "Absolutely its a challenge," Blatt said of his upcoming transition. "But Ive got to tell you, the game is not so different as people think it is. Its a little bit longer here. Perhaps the level of athleticism and speed all around the court is different. But its not like playing baseball and soccer. Its still the same game." Blatt isnt hung up on labels or perceptions. He doesnt consider himself an Israeli coach, European coach or any type for that matter. He doesnt favouroffence over defence. "Im a basketball coach," he said, "someone who through teaching and working with people and getting the most out of my players and staff has always seen the success of the team as paramount." The Cavaliers spent nearly six weeks looking for their third coach in three years before hiring Blatt, who recently resigned as coach of Maccabi Tel Aviv, a squad he led to this years Euroleague title. Cavs general manager David Griffin said Blatt was one of "five or six" candidates who had full-blown interviews and the club contacted as many as 11 coaches. "Hes truly the embodiment of every characteristic we most sought in a coach," Griffin said. "Hes a guy who has passion, creativity and intelligence. As a coach, hes able to adjust in ways that make him special because of those things. He lives those things as a man as well. Because of all that, the players all feel him in a very powerful way. David is an authentic leader." The team hired finalist Tyronn Lue as an associate head coach under Blatt. Blatt understands theres a responsibility that comes with being the first at anything. He believes other European coaches are as qualified to coach in the NBA, but hes the one getting the chance. "I know Im carrying the torch, and I hope like hell I dont drop it," he said. "I dont plan to. It does mean a great deal." Blatt was charming, convincing and self-effacing during a 30-minute news conference at Cleveland Clinic Courts. Blatt said he had previous chances to come to the NBA, but the timing wasnt right. "Somebody told me the reason I did it is because I missed Boston lobster and macaroni and cheese," he cracked. "Theres something to that, honestly." Blatt is taking over a team that went 33-49 last season and underachieved for Mike Brown, who was fired on May 12, ending his second stint in Cleveland. Blatt believes the Cavs have the pieces to be a contender, and that its up to him to put them together. And that would be the case in any country. "I find a group of guys that want to be coached, that want to learn, that care about winning," he said. "Those are things I have to emphasize with them, that I have to strengthen and help them understand the right way to do it. "Ive coached enough great players in my life to know when guys are happy playing together and are seeing that doing it the right way brings and fosters the spirit you need to win, it doesnt make a difference where you coach." Blatt feels hes finally where he belongs. He had a great run overseas, but it was time to come back to where he started. It was time to come home. "I was happy and fulfilled in what I was doing," he said. "But I never, for a moment, lost the hope that I would come full circle and make my way back to the places where I grew up and to be part of something that was so much a part of me." Art Shell Youth Jersey . "[People] keep asking that question and its not a legit question because we dont have that right, we havent arrived yet," Casey responded. "Weve got to take each game at a time, each possession at a time and look at it that way. Jack Tatum Raiders Jersey . The No. 23 seed at the first Grand Slam event of the tennis season has worked out all the details, from his training regime right down to where hes going to eat dinner. http://www.footballraidersmall.com/Youth...r-Elite-Jersey/. -- Officials have approved a deal to build a new $672 million stadium for the Atlanta Braves away from the downtown Atlanta area that has traditionally been its home. Antonio Brown Youth Jersey . Markieff Morris and Marcus Morris, city natives, handled the catering for teammates that begged them for the tasty postgame feast. Jim Plunkett Jersey .com) - SirDominic Pointer posted career highs of 24 points and seven steals to lead No.DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings experienced a lull after a fast start but got the two points they needed. Daniel Alfredsson had a goal and an assist and Detroit held off the Buffalo Sabres 3-2 on Friday night for the Red Wings fourth consecutive win. Detroit led 3-0 after the first period. "To me, I thought we started really good, we were all over them," said Red Wings coach Mike Babcock, who got his 413th win for Detroit, which ties him for the all-time franchise record with Jack Adams. "I thought suddenly we had some skill and suddenly we were dangling around with the puck and now we had the cute-itis going and then we didnt want to shoot it in the net," he said. "We wanted to pass it one more time and the next thing you know its game on instead of just doing things simple and hard and right." Darren Helm and Tomas Jurco also scored for Detroit, which is in the seventh playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, three points ahead of the eighth-place Columbus Blue Jackets. Danny DeKeyser had two assists and Jimmy Howard made 21 saves. Jamie McBain scored and Nicolas Deslauriers got his first career goal for Buffalo, which has the NHLs worst record. Matt Hackett stopped 28 shots. "We had nothing to lose. Got the day off tomorrow. Just tried to leave it all on the ice . After the tough start," McBain said. The Sabres lost in St. Louis 2-1 on Thursday night and didnt get to their hotel in Detroit until 4 a.m. Friday morning. "We talked about having excuses. We couldve had a real good one," Buffalo coach Ted Nolan said. "I think tired is a state of mind. We got in at four this morning and slept in. It wasnt that short of a night." Deslauriers pulled the Sabres within one at 6:40 of the third period, sending in a loose puck from the slot. "Yeah, I got a little more nervous at the end there. They were all over us and we all know we needd those points," Jurco said.dddddddddddd "It got a little more nervous towards the end but I think we handled it pretty well." McBains power-play goal put Buffalo on the scoreboard with 7:32 left in the second period. He beat Howard with a wrist shot from the left circle for McBains fifth goal. Alfredsson tried to explain the letdown. "I think its the pressure, the time of the year, the magnitude of the game, being a game we cant afford to lose, all those things combined, I think makes for us being cautious, more than playing hard for 60," he said. "Before we feel like the underdog and feel like we can claw ourselves into games and find a way to win and today were the favourites and didnt handle that as well as we can." Helm opened the scoring 5:47 into the game when he put in a loose puck from Hacketts right at the side of the crease. It was Helms 11th goal. Jurco and Andersson then scored 1:16 apart. Jurco tipped Dekeysers shot from the point out of the air and past Hackett for a power-play goal with 5:48 left in the first. It was Jurcos seventh goal and second in two games. It came with John Scott in the penalty box for hooking. Alfredsson got his 18th goal, with 4:32 remaining in the opening period, when he scored on a rebound. NOTES: Detroit C Pavel Datsyuk returned after missing 16 games with an inflamed knee. He had also missed 30 of the last 34 games. ... Buffalo D Henrik Tallinder missed his second game with a lower-body injury. ... Alfredsson returned after missing a game due to a sore back. ... Sabres goalies Michal Neuvirth and Matt Hackett both played junior hockey with the Ontario Hockey Leagues Plymouth Whalers, who are based in suburban Detroit. ... This was the final game for referee Don Van Massenhoven. It was the 1,277th NHL game of his career. He chose to work his last game at Joe Louis Arena and was was named the games honorary first star. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: onedayshot
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5227 Themen und 5229 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder Online:
createmailed, jigyasaS, ketoburnmax1, ketoburnmax89, onedayshot, SamThur, toxiburnprice, ZomatoCoupons

| FAQ