Yohander Mendez and Nomar Mazara have gone through

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 24.04.2019 05:14
von zhangzk • 148 Beiträge

ARLINGTON Robin Yount Jersey , Texas (AP) — down periods this season. Everything came together for them on Sunday.Mendez earned his first major league win and Mazara hit two of the Texas Rangers‘ six homers in an 18-4 rout of the Minnesota Twins.Mendez (1-1) allowed three hits and one walk while striking out two in six scoreless innings. He was making his second major league start in a season when he was a combined 2-10 with the Rangers’ top three farm teams.He got more than enough support. Mazara hit a two-run homer in a nine-run sixth inning and a solo homer in a five-run eighth as the Rangers pounded 12 extra-base hits, tying a team record set in 1986. Texas last hit six homers in a game on April 17, 2012, at Boston.Mendez has been called up to Texas in each of the last three seasons. He began this year at Triple-A Round Rock. After lasting only three innings in a June 15 start for the Rangers, he was sent to Class A Down East to begin his climb back to the majors.“Always I’ve been working in this process about my front side and fastball command,” Mendez said, “and that’s what I’ve been doing.”He needed just 79 pitches to retire 18 of the 21 batters he faced.“Throwing strikes early, using some soft early, some spin early, which was key to how he used his fastball,” manager Jeff Banister said. “I think that was as good as he could go for his first outing back.”A bruised right thumb that kept Mazara on the disabled list for a month. He still is wary.“Maybe tomorrow it can be sore,” he said. I don’t know.”Mazara hit four homers in the three-game series, at least one in each game.“My timing’s there http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey ,” he said. “I’m trying to take a good swing at the ball and something happened.”Twenty-three-year-old Gabriel Moya, 11 days older than Venezuelan countryman Mendez, made his first major league start after compiling a 3-0 record in 24 relief outings for MinnesotaMoya made it through one inning, allowing a two-run homer by Elvis Andrus.Robinson Chirinos homered against Zack Littell to ignite the big sixth inning. Shin-Soo Choo followed with a run-scoring double, Minnesota first baseman Chris Gimenez committed a two-run error and Mazara and Jurickson Profar homered.Profar’s homer came with Adrian Beltre on first after he was the third Ranger hit by a pitch, which led plate umpire Alan Porter to eject Matt Belisle.“We had no intent to hit Beltre and it certainly wasn’t on our radar because of the way the game was going or anything that had happened in the past,” Twins manager Paul Molitor said.Porter also ejected Minnesota pitcher Addison Reed for an argument after the eighth.The nine runs were the most scored in an inning by Texas since a 10-run third against the Yankees in 2015.Jake Cave hit his third homer in three games into the right-field seats in the eighth inning against Eddie Butler, who finished the game for his second save.Gimenez moved from first to the mound in the ninth and allowed five runs, including homers by Mazara and Drew Robinson. Gimenez himself hit a two-run homer in the ninth.TRAINER’S ROOMTwins: Eddie Rosario (right quadriceps) is “just progressing, getting treatment, he’s not ready to get on the field,” Molitor said.Rangers: OF Delino DeShields (fractured right middle finger) came off the disabled list on Saturday. He entered that night’s game as a defensive replacement and was used as a pinch runner on Sunday. Banister said nothing physical was keeping DeShields from starting.NO RECALL FOR BUXTONByron Buxton was once the shining star in the Twins’ farm system, and he was a Gold Glove outfielder for Minnesota last season. Now he has been told that he won’t be recalled from Triple-A Rochester.“We’ve talked about all the frustration and difficulties he’s had to endure http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey ,” manager Paul Molitor said, “and when we came down to making the final decision, there were some things around the idea of how he played, injuries that he dealt with, his future. All those things came into play.”UP NEXTTwins: On Monday, RHP Kyle Gibson (7-11, 3.79 ERA) will start the first in a three-game series at Houston against Astros LHP Dallas Keuchel (10-10, 3.58).Rangers: LHP Jeffrey Springs (0-0, 2.55) will come out of the bullpen to start ahead of RHP Ariel Jurado (2-4, 6.69) in Monday’s first of three home games against the Angels. Los Angeles’s starter, RHP Matt Shoemaker (1-0, 4.76), is coming back from arm surgery and hasn’t pitched in the majors since March. SCOTTSDALE Christian Yelich Jersey , Ariz. (AP) — Texas Rangers pitcher Ariel Jurado did not have many Panamanian ballplayers to watch when he was growing up.So he became a fan of Cliff Lee.“He’s a lefty but I liked him,” Jurado said Tuesday through an interpreter. “His pitches were incredible, the way he dominated on the mound.”The 23-year-old Jurado studied Lee’s games on television. But he has a long way to go to approach the accomplished career of Lee, who pitched 13 seasons with the Cleveland Indians, Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers and Philadelphia Phillies.Right now, Jurado is fighting for a spot in Texas’ rotation. He made his major league debut with the Rangers last year, going 5-5 with a 5.93 ERA in 12 games, eight starts.Jurado is hoping to build on his final outing last season, when he tossed six innings of two-hit ball in a 2-0 victory at Seattle on Sept. 27.“That outing, I was throwing a good slider and it helped me get through the last few innings,” Jurado said. “It was a good sign for me. If something is working good, you try to work on it.”Jurado said he worked on everything while he was back home in Panama over the winter.“I have to be consistent with my mechanics http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey ,” he said. “If I do, I will have outings like this.”In a rain-shortened spring outing against Arizona on Tuesday, Jurado escaped jams in the first three innings by inducing double plays each frame. The right-hander couldn’t get out of trouble in the fourth. With one out, Eduardo Escobar walked, David Peralta singled and both scored on Steven Souza Jr.’s triple to center.“I had my sinker working in the first couple innings and that’s what helped me get the double plays,” Jurado said.Mike Minor and Lance Lynn are set for the Rangers’ rotation. Texas manager Chris Woodward is still sorting out the rest. Shelby Miller, Edinson Volquez and Drew Smyly are all coming back from Tommy John surgery.Jurado knows he needs to work on his changeup and curveball to compliment his other pitches.“I throw a lot of fastballs,” he said. “My best pitch is the sinker. If it’s working, I feel it’s good, so I throw it to get outs.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: hiliumketo
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5235 Themen und 5237 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
dilparseaiho, hiliumketo

| FAQ