Buffalo's 26. They were backed up again on the next snap w

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 04.12.2019 04:37
von elaine95 • 170 Beiträge

Derek Carr eased some major concerns in Raiders close loss to Broncos Womens Antonio Brown Jersey , but questions remain Week one for the Raiders, Derek Carr caught a lot of heat. Both from the fans and his coaches. They wanted him to stand tall in the pocket, be aggressive, look downfield, and find his number one receiver. He did many of those things. But more is needed.That’s not to say Carr lit it up Sunday in Denver. Scoring 19 points in a loss isn’t exactly a sign of an elite day. But what Carr did was check off many of the boxes he was asked to in what had to be a frustrating week after such a miserable second half against the Rams in the opener.The most pressing concern was Carr panicking in the pocket. After being sacked by Michael Brockers last week in the third quarter, Carr collapsed and began making erratic decisions that led to stalled drives and turnovers. In this game, he was sacked twice early by Von Miller (one was wiped out by a penalty) and Carr showed no overt signs the pressure had gotten to him, leading the Raiders to 16 of their 19 points after those sacks. And he didn’t turn the ball over.Carr threw three interceptions in the opener without a touchdown pass. He got on the board against the Broncos in the third quarter with a laser to Seth Roberts. That pass was easily his best of the season. It was a perfect strike over the middle in traffic for the score.Equally important to the pass itself, was the timing of it. In the second half last week, the Rams came out and scored on their opening drive with a field goal and ran off 23 unanswered points. The Broncos did one better in their opening drive of the second half, going for a touchdown. But this time, Derek Carr and the Raiders offense answered with a touchdown drive of their own. The Raiders need to see more of that. They need a lot more of that.The longest completion last week went for 43 yards on the opening drive, but most of that was yards after the catch by Jared Cook. And every pass over 20 yards went to Cook. He was the only part of the offense that was consistently working. And even then, two of the three interceptions were on passes intended for him.This week, the four longest passes were to wide receivers Amari Cooper (30, 20), Jordy Nelson (23) and Seth Roberts (20T). With Cook catching a couple 20-yard passes too. So, he was still in the game plan, but it wasn’t just him.Coop would see 10 passes from Carr, after seeing just 3 against the Rams. He caught all ten passes his way for 116 yards. That’s quite a turnaround from the 9 yards he had on one catch in the opener.Carr had fewer yards passing in this one (288) than the opener (303), but more yards that actually mattered. He also completed 29 of 32 of his passes, which is an astounding 90.6 completion percentage. That’s the fourth best single-game completion percentage in NFL history.What’s kind of crazy here is how he can have 29 completions and not even crack 300 yards. He didn’t even average 10 yards per completion. His longest completion (30 yards) was to a wide open Amari Cooper. So, the questions about him pushing the ball down the field and being more aggressive remain.Some of that is him checking down and some of it is the game plan which was designed for him to throw quickly to keep pressure off of him. It’s easy for his coaches to tell him to be more aggressive, but it’s more difficult when he is called upon to keep throwing the short stuff. All he can do then is try to be efficient.These stats and such only serve to ease some of concerns that built up this past week with regard to Carr’s ability to run the Raiders’ offense. This isn’t some moral victory. Though when you listen to Carr speak, it sure sounds like he thinks it is. Which in and of itself is concerning. “It’s hard for me to believe that they didn’t like [Jon Gruden’s] offense last week. That’s kind of funny to me,” said Carr. “We had well over 300 yards, we had near a hundred or over a hundred yards rushing. I think you’d take that every week, against that defense, right? And this week we moved the ball well, again against a defense鈥veryone just said you moved the ball, no we did some good things against a defense that doesn’t allow anything. So, I think we’re doing just fine.”It’s one thing for me to sit here and say there are signs that he and the offense are beginning to click. It’s entirely another for Derek Carr to be in any way satisfied with how the offense has performed in two games in which they have scored a total of seven points in the second half. He should not be the least bit satisfied with that, regardless of how good the defense he’s facing supposedly is.I get that Derek Carr is a ‘look at the bright side’ type of guy. But if you didn’t know better, you’d think the Raiders offense has been racking up points only to have the defense blow it. He did none of that. The Raiders lost 20-19. He had just one touchdown pass and the offense didn’t score in the fourth quarter. That’s not going to get it done. I can’t imagine he thinks he did his part to ensure victory Antonio Brown Jersey White , even with the numbers he had.There’s more he can do. His performance in this game merely showed that perhaps he will. And I have no doubt that even with his flowery outlook, he will not rest on his laurels here.Follow @LeviDamien Safety Jordan Poyer and the Buffalo Bills couldn't care less about style points.After being on the losing end of some lopsided decisions, an offensively challenged, field-goal-dominated 13-12 win over the Tennessee Titans on Sunday is all that mattered."Two-and-three is a lot better than 1-4," Poyer said, referring to the Bills record. "It's never ugly when you win."Stephen Hauschka overcame a botched field-goal attempt in the final minutes of the first half by hitting a 46-yard attempt as time expired. Running back LeSean McCoy broke from a September slump with 85 yards rushing — matching the combined total from his first three games.And Poyer helped anchor an injury-depleted secondary on a defense that forced three turnovers, held the Titans to 221 yards and limited them to scoring four field goals.Buffalo bounced back from a 22-0 loss at Green Bay last weekend. Its defense showed improvement after surrendering 75 points over six quarters, starting with a 47-3 season-opening loss at Baltimore, followed by the first half of a 31-20 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers."I think there was a glimpse of it," defensive tackle Kyle Williams said in suggesting the young, patchwork Bills are finding a hint of their identity.The Titans (3-2) took a step backward in having a three-game win streak snapped, and squandered a chance for their best start since winning their first 10 games in 2008.Quarterback Marcus Mariota failed to show the flair he displayed last week in rallying the Titans to a 26-23 overtime win over the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles. Mariota finished 14 of 26 for 129 yards passing and an interception against Buffalo.The Titans crossed midfield four times, with each drive ending with Ryan Succop hitting field goals."Not very good. Yeah, I mean we left one out there today," Mariota said. "If you're not ready to play, it doesn't matter who you're playing."The Titans' best chance of finding the end zone slipped through their fingers early in the fourth quarter.Facing third-and-4 at Buffalo's 23, Mariota avoided the pass rush and scrambled to his left, where he lobbed to receiver Nick Williams, who was wide open in the end zone. Williams had the pass drop through his hands while attempting to make an over-the-shoulder catch.Tennessee settled for Succop hitting a 39-yard field goal to cut Buffalo's lead to 10-9.Bills quarterback Josh Allen was hardly better. The rookie first-round pick finished 10 of 19 for 82 yards and an interception, but did open the scoring on a 14-yard touchdown scamper.Allen's interception nearly cost the Bills midway through the fourth quarter. Late in finding Andre Holmes to his right, Allen's pass was tipped and intercepted by Adoree' Jackson at the Tennessee 46.The Titans settled for Succop hitting a go-ahead 50-yard field goal after Mariota fumbled and was fortunate to have the ball bounce off his foot and roll out of bounds.The Bills responded with an 11-play, run-dominated drive that covered the final 4:43. McCoy and Ivory combined for 43 yards."That's how it's supposed to be," McCoy said, referring to a run-oriented game plan in which he had a season-best 24 carries. "We stuck to it."BOTCHED CHANCE IThe Bills botched a 30-yard field-goal attempt in the second quarter when rookie holder/punter Corey Bojorquez caught the snap and inexplicably stood up before suddenly kneeling in a bid to place the ball. Bojorquez then threw an incompletion.Bojorquez hurt his right shoulder but returned for the second half.Bojorquez said he misunderstood what he heard from the coaches.Hauschka, meantime, had an inkling he might get a chance to win the game."The pace of the game, I was going to be ready for it, and I wanted that opportunity," he said. "I'm glad I got a shot at it."BOTCHED CHANCE IIThe Titans followed Buffalo's missed opportunity by settling for Succop matching a career high by hitting a 54-yard field goal as time expired. They had three timeouts left when penalized for delay of game while facing a third-and-4 at Buffalo's 26. They were backed up again on the next snap when Trent Murphy sacked Mariota for a 5-yard loss.TURNOVERSBills rookie linebacker Tremaine Edmunds and defensive end Shaq Lawson had forced fumbles, while rookie cornerback Taron Johnson had an interception. Buffalo has eight takeaways (five forced fumbles and three interceptions) in its past three games.Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott acknowledged he and GM Brandon Beane have considered signing 12-year veteran quarterback Derek Anderson, but stressed "nothing is final at this point." McDermott and Beane were formerly with Carolina, where they both became familiar with Anderson, who spent the previous seven seasons with the Panthers. Buffalo is down to Allen and second-year player Nathan Peterman at quarterback after trading A.J. McCarron to Oakland on Sept. 1.INJURIESTitans: Two-time Pro Bowl LT Taylor Lewan did not return after hurting his foot in the second quarter. Titans were missing two starters with S Kenny Vaccaro (right elbow) and LB Wesley Woodyard (shoulder) inactive.Bills: Had just three healthy safeties in their lineup with starter Micah Hyde (groin) and backup Rafael Bush (shoulder) inactive.UP NEXTTitans: Host Baltimore on Oct. 14.Bills: At Houston on Oct. 14 for fourth road game in six weeks.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: hisnless
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5245 Themen und 5247 Beiträge.

Heute waren 6 Mitglieder Online:
fastflowme, hisnless, hypertikk, ketoadvanced0, ketoadvancedprice, NoryBoom

| FAQ