hold the opposition down

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 03.12.2019 03:27
von Cl11234566 • 360 Beiträge

NASHVILLE -- Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith were too much for the Nashville Predators. Keith scored a goal and added an assist to lead the Blackhawks to a 3-1 win over the Nashville Predators on Tuesday night. Kane and Nick Leddy also scored for Chicago, which has won five of six. Shea Weber scored for the Predators. Keith scored the games first goal at 1:29 of the opening period on a slap shot from the left side that beat Nashville goaltender Carter Hutton on the stick side. "I try to have a good gap and be good defensively," Keith said. "As a defenceman, thats your first and foremost job is how you defend. Its something I take a lot of pride in. The offence kind of just takes care of itself." Making his fourth consecutive start, Hutton had his three-game winning streak snapped. On Monday, he was selected the NHLs third star of the week. Hutton spent the past two seasons in the Blackhawks organization before signing with Nashville in the off-season. Weber tied it at 3:03 of the first with a power-play goal. On the right side, Roman Josi faked a shot and then sent a pass to Weber at the top of the right circle where the Nashville captain beat Chicago goaltender Antti Raanta with a one-timer. That was the only goal Raanta allowed in the first, despite 17 Nashville shots on goal in the period. Chicago only allowed 11 Nashville shots over the final two periods combined. "I just thought we just mismanaged a few situations tonight that gave them enough momentum," Nashville coach Barry Trotz said. "We should have got points out of this game. We played well enough to do that, but the second period and the third period, they did a good job. We couldnt get any forecheck going. We couldnt get any sustained pressure." The Blackhawks answered back at 16:14 of the first with a highlight reel power-play goal by Kane. Skating down the right side, the left-handed shooting Kane lifted a tough angle backhand just underneath the crossbar for his team-leading 20th goal of the season. "Its a play that we have been trying off the breakout on the power play with the entry," Kane said. "I just tried to hit that spot, lucky enough, it went in." It was the 10th straight game in which Kane has recorded at least one point, two shy of his career best. "Hes got a lot of tools," Hutton said. "He can do a lot of things with the puck. Hes a pretty special player. We gave him time and space like that he kind of made us pay." Leddy scored on the power play at 11:33 of the second to cap the scoring. Standing on the left side, he put home the rebound of Brandon Saads shot from the right side. The puck entered and exited the net so quickly, it was initially ruled no goal on the ice, but a quick video review credited Leddy with his fourth of the season. "I liked our game," Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said. "I liked our attention to detail, very businesslike and came out to a good start. The power play was big again for us." Notes: The Blackhawks have scored at least one power-play goal in their past 10 games. Chicago LW Bryan Bickell returned to the lineup after missing 14 games with a lower-body injury. Predators G Marek Mazanec missed the game with an illness. Magnus Hellberg was recalled under emergency conditions from Milwaukee of the AHL to serve as Huttons backup. Greg Millen Jersey . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. Pittsburgh Penguins Gear . -- John Senden never imagined it would take more than seven years to win again. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/321q...penguins.html.J. -- The Houston Astros had the No. Teddy Blueger Jersey . Specifically, thumbs up to the Canadian-based teams in the NHL, or at least most of them. Chris Kunitz Jersey . - Erick Torres scored his 10th goal of the season on a stunning volley, and Chivas USA edged 10-man Real Salt Lake 1-0 on Saturday night.Former Warrington favourite Richie Myler is warning his Catalans Dragons team-mates to expect their toughest test yet as they seek to put together a three-match winning run for the first time for 18 months at the expense of his old club. The Perpignan club kick-started their Super League campaign with back-to-back wins over Leeds and Wakefield but on Saturday face a Warrington side who have won all four games so far in their best start to a season for seven years.We havent hit our straps yet, said Myler, who joined the Dragons from Warrington at the end of last season. Were not putting 80-minute performances in. I think we showed what we are capable of last week and weve got to build on that now but we know it will be tough against Warrington.Theyve started the season really well. They obviously recruited well in the off season and theyve got a good set-up there, obviously I was part of it.Myler, who made 131 Super League appearances for the Wolves after joining them from Salford in 2010, is relishing playing behind one of the biggest packs in the competition.The arrival of 19st heavyweight Dave Taylor, the man nicknamed Coal Train, and 6ft 5in Willie Mason has increased the size of the Dragons pack this year and they have been boosted by the return of French Test front-rower Remi Casty from a knee reconstruction.Australian stand-off Todd Carney is set to play five games in a row for the first time after an injury-hit first season in Super League and Myler is excited by his partnership with the 2010 international player of the year. Myler made 131 appearances for Warrington He was hampered a lot by injury last year but hes fit now and a key member of this team, said Myler.Hes a massive player and I think he showed that against Wakefield, where he had a hand in most of the tries.We have got a big pack and it gets bigger now weve got Mason and Remi is back. Its handy. Thats what all half-backs want, a decent-sized pack to look after you. Theres some great players in the team.It was a bit of a tough season for me last year but its a nice fresh start and a new challenge and Im really enjoying it. Great start for Sandow Can Chris Sandow lead Warrington to Grand Final glory? Warrington coach Tony Smith is able to recall Kurt Gidley after he missed the win at Salford through concussion to renew his thriving partnership with fellow Australian Chris Sandow and he is looking forward to the battle of the half-backs.I thought Rich probably had his strongest game for a long time against Wakefield last week, said Smith. Carney and he combined well together.Weve got two experienced halves that are playing well together so it should be a good battle.It will come down to the forwards to see which team gets on the front foot so those half-backs can probably get the edge. Chris Sandows late drop goal against Salford maintained Warringtons 100 per cent start Although they have won all their games so far, Smith says his side will need to find some improvement if they are to keep the run going and says they will need to be at their best in front of a partisan French crowd.ddddddddddddWe havent quite hit our straps yet, even though weve a lot of Ws next to our name, he said.Last week I thought defensively we werent great but our attack was pretty good. We need to put the whole lot together in one day.And this time weve got to play the whistling crowd. Often you get a whistle from the crowd and then you get a whistle from the referee. Catalans were 42-28 victors at Wakefield last Sunday Thats the home advantage that they have. It means youve got to be squeaky clean on all your passes, youve got to be onside and youre not going to hold the opposition down for very long because the whistles keep coming.Weve got to be good enough to overcome all those things. Sky Sports Rugby League Podcast - 10th March Catalans Dragons: Louis Anderson, Jason Baitieri, Thomas Bosc, Julian Bousquet, Jodie Broughton, Todd Carney, Rémi Casty, Vincent Duport, Morgan Escaré, Tony Gigot, Justin Horo, Krisnan Inu, Willie Mason, Greg Mounis, Richie Myler, Eloi Pelissier, Pat Richards, Glenn Stewart, Dave Taylor.Warrington Wolves: Ryan Atkins, Jordan Cox, Ben Currie, Mitchell Dodds, Brad Dwyer, Rhys Evans, Kurt Gidley, Chris Hill, Jack Hughes, Benjamin Jullien, George King, Tom Lineham, Kevin Penny, Joe Philbin, Stefan Ratchford, Matty Russell, Chris Sandow, Ashton Sims, Joe Westerman.Watch Catalans v Warrington live on Sky Sports 1 HD on Saturday from 4.55pm. Catch the match for £6.99 on NOW TV. No contract. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: hiliumketo
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5235 Themen und 5237 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

| FAQ