revealed he had just completed

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 21.11.2019 02:41
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Thanks in part to pinch-hitter Jerry Sands, the Tampa Bay Rays are feeling a little better about themselves. The reserve utility man came off the bench to provide the game-winning hit for the second straight game, delivering a two-run homer that helped the Rays beat the Baltimore Orioles 5-4 on Monday night. Sands first homer since Sept. 20, 2011, when he was with the Los Angeles Dodgers, came off Brian Matusz and snapped a 3-3 tie. Yunel Escobar hit a solo homer in the first and Ryan Hanigan added a two-run drive in the fourth for a 3-0 lead against Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen. "Its big," Sands after the Rays won for the fourth time in five games following a stretch in which they dropped 14 of 15 and fell to last place in the AL East with the worst record in the majors. "Obviously this team has been struggling to get some wins lately, so its fun to be the guy that does it for the team." Adam Jones homered for the second straight day for Baltimore, hitting a two-run shot in the sixth off rookie Jake Odorizzi, who allowed two runs and three hits over 5 1-3 innings. Delmon Young had a pinch-hit homer in the ninth off Juan Carlos Oviedo, who got the last three outs for his first save. Sands, who broke three bats while singling in the eighth inning to drive home the winning run in a victory at Houston on Sunday, went deep on a 2-0 pitch after Matusz replaced Darren ODay (2-1), who departed with a runner on and two outs. The 26-year-old, who has five career homers, was 1 for 9 as a pinch-hitter with Tampa Bay before the past two at-bats. "This guys done a nice job off the bench," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "I know hes going to be aggressive ... and I know hes not going to be intimidated by the situation." The Orioles had just tied it in the top of the eighth with a run charged to Grant Balfour, loading the bases with two singles and a walk before Nelson Cruz delivered an RBI infield single. Baltimore nearly took the lead when pinch-hitter Steve Pearce lined a pitch down the left field line, but the ball landed foul. Two pitches later, he grounded into a force play, letting Jake McGee (3-0) off the hook. "Its such a fine line. Stevies ball barely misses the chalk line there," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "Of course McGee is one the better relief pitchers in the league. Our guys have been doing a good job out the pen, too. Its frustrating." The Orioles announced before the game that two-time All-Star catcher Matt Wieters, who hasnt played since May 10, will have season-ending surgery on his right elbow. Showalter said the team is hopeful Wieters, who was examined Monday by Dr. James Andrews, will be ready for opening day next year. The Rays nearly wasted the second straight solid start for Odorizzi, who held St. Louis hitless until two outs of the fifth inning of a 1-0 loss last Tuesday. Matt Holliday homered for the only run of the game, Tampa Bays third consecutive shutout loss during a stretch in which they went 31 straight innings without scoring. Since ending the streak, the Rays have scored 24 runs in five games. "We won a really tough game (Sunday), we won a really tough game here tonight," Madden said. "When you start believing youre going to win games late, thats a good feeling to get. Thats when you start getting good again, and we did." Odorizzi allowed Hardys single and a walk with two outs in the second, escaping the jam by fanning Ryan Flaherty. The 24-year-old right-hander retired eight straight after walking Nick Markakis in the third, with the Orioles right fielder interrupting the string with a double leading off the sixth. Jones hit his 12th homer one out later, ending Odorizzis night and trimming Baltimores deficit to 3-2. NOTES: A moment of silence was observed before the game in honour of Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn, who died Monday. ... The Orioles plan to activate RHP Miguel Gonzalez (strained right oblique) from the 15-day DL to start Tuesday nights game against Tampa Bay LHP Erik Bedard. Both are 3-4 this season. ... Showalter agrees with Maddon that a team shouldnt lose a replay challenge when the contested call stands instead of being confirmed. "A great idea," Showalter said. "Hes right. A lot of times they just say theres nothing conclusive. You may be right, but we cant overturn it. So, why should you be penalized for that?" ... Rays RHP Jeremy Hellickson (right elbow surgery) is scheduled to make his third minor league rehab start Tuesday, when Triple-A Durham visits Louisville. Cheap Fake Vans . It took five games, but the Celtics finally helped Stevens earn his first NBA victory. "Im going to celebrate for a whole 12 minutes, and then Im going to start watching Orlando and trying to figure them out," the first-year Celtics coach said after Boston beat the Utah Jazz, one of the leagues other winless teams, 97-87 on Wednesday night. Fake Vans Toy Story .J. -- Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch deservedly draw the attention for what theyve done in getting the Seattle Seahawks to the Super Bowl. http://www.fakevans.com/fake-vans-slip-on/. Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse will reunite at this weekends season-opening World Cup at Canada Olympic Park as they begin their buildup to the Winter Games in Sochi. Fake Vans For Sale .com) - Carmelo Anthony tallied 31 points to help the New York Knicks continue their improved play of late with a 100-92 victory over a short-handed Oklahoma City Thunder squad. Fake Vans Old Skool . The 6-foot-10 centre who won an NBA title with the Miami Heat was voted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday, adding that honour to becoming a board member at his alma mater.Stiliyan Petrov has told Sky Sports News HQ that it was always on my mind to make a return to professional football following his battle with cancer. The 36-year-old was forced to retire from the game after being diagnosed with acute leukaemia four years ago and undergoing three spells of chemotherapy, but says his health and fitness are now better.The Bulgarian announced on Tuesday that he has been in training for four months and is looking to return to the game and former club Aston Villa for next season. My health is all good. Obviously, Ive been clear of any drugs for a year-and-a-half now so its been good, he said.Obviously, I have done a lot of work in that time and now I have broken the news about me trying to get back into professional football. But there are stages I needed to complete before I came to that decision.It was always on my mind, even from the start when I was told I could go back and play. So its been a long 18 months having to keep that to myself. A lot of people knew what I wanted to do but not many believed it. Petrov has announced that he wants to return to professional football But every time I progressed at different stages they were looking at the changes, the fitness was improving and now I am at a level where I have a chance to go back and play professional football again.Petrov, who captained Villa after joining from Celtic in 2006, has been training with Villas U21 side recently but said he appreciates the club have other matters to attend to before he can have a discussion with them about making a return to the team. Petrov joined Villa after a spell in Scotland with Celtic I have mentioned it to them and told them of my intention that I would like to be given the option to join them for pre-season but I think they have a big problem at the moment, he said.ddddddddddddThey dont have a manager and they need to make a big decision, especially for the next season, so I think when they announce the manager and he assesses the situation then I can speak to him and I will know more about it then.Asked if he thought he could return to the previous levels which saw him star for Celtic, Villa and his national side, Petrov added: Nothing is impossible. Ill give you an example; going through a cancer treatment they are giving you not very good odds to survive, so surviving that literally you never say never in life.I know that its down to hard work, if you want it, and I really want it. I know I can work hard, get fitter and I hope I can make it. It will be a great story. Petrov (right) made 186 league appearances for Villa from 2006 to 2013 Petrov, who made 105 appearances for Bulgaria, revealed he had just completed a double training session before speaking with Sky Sports News HQ and said he is enjoying that level of intensity in his training.To be honest, for me to get back I need that extra training and I need that extra concentration so today was just running and a double session of leg work, he said.Its been good, its been hard but it has been enjoyable as well. Also See: Petrov plans football comeback Villa should go for McCarthy Okore denies Villa accusation Lescott form will rebuild trust ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: hypertikk
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5245 Themen und 5247 Beiträge.

Heute waren 5 Mitglieder Online:
fastflowme, hypertikk, ketoadvanced0, ketoadvancedprice, NoryBoom

| FAQ