puck possession with

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 20.11.2019 07:00
von Cl11234566 • 360 Beiträge

The UFC will anoint its top heavyweight title contender this weekend, and Fabricio Werdum believes he has waited long enough for his shot at the belt. Travis Browne is equally certain hes ready to cut in line. Browne faces Werdum in the five-round main event at the Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., to determine who gets the next chance to take on champion Cain Velasquez. "Its been a while since Ive fought, and Im very happy to have the chance to show Im worthy of this title," Werdum said through a translator. Werdum (17-5-1) has been the presumptive choice for a title shot for several months, but he elected not to wait around longer than a year while Velasquez recovered from surgery on a torn labrum in his left shoulder. Velasquez wont be ready to return until late fall after getting hurt in his second victory over Junior Dos Santos last October. Werdum already was far too inactive for his tastes last year while spending several months coaching on the Brazilian version of "The Ultimate Fighter," the UFCs reality-show franchise. He has fought just once in the last 22 months, submitting Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the second round last June. "I didnt want to be waiting around for too long," Werdum said. "To wait for two years and never fight at all, that wouldnt be the best decision. I want to fight at least three times a year, so it was a little bit hard in the beginning, but I have to keep motivated, keep training, so I took the fight." In a news conference held at UFC fan Shaquille ONeals home gym Thursday, President Dana White confirmed that the winner of Saturdays main event will fight Velasquez in the UFCs long-expected debut in Mexico later this year, assuming injuries and the usual nuttiness of the heavyweight division dont change the plan. Werdum is taking a significant risk by stepping into the cage against the destructive Browne (16-1-1), who called him out in December after stopping Josh Barnett for his third straight victory. While Werdum has a lengthy history of success highlighted by his victory over Fedor Emelianenko in 2010, Browne is a rising force in the heavyweight division after winning six of his last seven bouts, including five by stoppage. "A chance to fight for the title is what were all in it for, but Im not going to sell myself short," Browne said. "This is part of my journey. I expect more of myself than to fight for a chance to fight for a title. My goal is to leave a legacy in this sport, so this is another fight on my road to my legacy." Browne is a native of Hawaii with vicious power and growing skill. His recent victories have featured spectacular highlights: A Superman punch to stop 6-foot-11 Stefan Struve, or the elbows that left Barnett limp on his feet last December. He doesnt have Werdums name recognition, but that would change with another big victory on a nationally televised show on Fox. "Its an honour to be bestowed with the responsibility of having the main event, of having your face up on the billboards and the posters," Browne said. "Im lucky to have a style thats very crowd-pleasing." The Orlando card also includes a bout between bantamweights Miesha Tate and Liz Carmouche, while crowd-pleasing lightweight Donald Cerrone meets Brazils Edson Barboza. Chris Bassitt Jersey . Trailing 4-1 in the final set, Sharapova steadied her erratic service game and took command again to beat the 56th-ranked American 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 on clay at the Magic Box tennis centre. The ninth-ranked Russian looked to be cruising before McHale broke late in the second set to tie the match and then took her commanding lead in the final set after breaking Sharapova. Athletics Jerseys 2020 .C. -- Panthers offensive tackle Jordan Gross is saying goodbye to the NFL after 11 seasons. https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/. Blatter, a 75-year-old Swiss executive who has been in office since 1998, was handed a final four-year term as head of footballs governing body in a vote at FIFAs congress. He won 186 votes out of 203 ballots. Fake Athletics Jerseys .ca contributor Grant McCagg provides a look at some risers and fallers on the prospect watch. Oakland Athletics Store . INJURIES - Cardinals 1B Matt Adams has been put on the DL with calf tightness, resulting in some lineup shifting, with Allen Craig moving from right field to first base, so that the Cardinals could bring up top prospect Oscar Taveras, who was the No. ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- Travis Morin scored twice, including in overtime, as the Texas Stars clawed back from a three-goal deficit to rally past the St. Johns IceCaps 4-3 on Monday night and take a 3-1 series lead in the American Hockey Leagues Calder Cup final. Despite being outplayed through the first period, Stars coach Willie Desjardins said the team was waiting for the chance to get back in the game. "The guys knew we werent playing good and knew we had to do better. We knew we had to go hard and hope we caught a break," said Desjardins. "Getting those two goals at the end of the second (period) gave us some life." Morin sealed the win when he capitalized on a one-time opportunity 2:24 into overtime, burying the puck top corner from the slot with a quick wrist shot. "It was obviously a big goal," he said. "We had a lot of momentum going after getting that one in the third. It seems like most games we play in overtime this post-season, we get it done as quickly as we can. I was flying up the backside and Brendan Ranford made a great pass. I didnt get all of (the puck). I really wanted to, but I didnt. It sort of fluttered over his shoulder." Morin said his line with Ranford and Curtis McKenzie has had chemistry the entire post-season, and continues to produce. "We all contributed, it was a complete effort from our whole line. We all know our roles and we all know what to do. Were unselfish and not afraid to make a better pass for a better scoring opportunity." McKenzie and Brett Ritchie also scored for Texas. Ben Chiarot, CCarl Klingberg and Kael Mouillierat scored for St.dddddddddddd Johns. Chiarot opened the scoring for the IceCaps while shorthanded when his wrist shot from the point found its way through traffic at the 13:02 mark of the first period. Klingberg gave the IceCaps a two-goal lead when he finished off a give-and-go with Mouillierat 57 seconds into the second period by carrying the puck to the net on his backhand and burying it high glove. The IceCaps scored again at the 8:21 mark of the second when Mouillierat hit a one-time slap shot from the top of the right face-off dot on a Will ONeill pass during a 5-on-3 power play. Morin ended the drought for Texas when he tapped in a goal five-hole in the slot with 4:27 left in the second period. The Stars pulled within one through McKenzie, who swatted in a loose puck bouncing around the crease with 1:51 remaining in the second. With 2:19 left in the third period, Ritchie tied the game for the Stars when he finished off a good spell of puck possession with a quick wrist shot in the slot. IceCaps goalie Michael Hutchinson made 34 saves while Texas goaltender Cristopher Nilstrop stopped 32 shots. Morin said the Game 4 win is key in the Stars ability to close out the series. "(Winning Monday) was big. It guarantees us having three shots at it. If we need it, two of those shots will be in our building. Thats what we worked for all year, to get those opportunities, but we would love to take care of it tomorrow night. Game 5 is Tuesday night in St. Johns. Game 6 and 7, if necessary, will be back in Cedar Park, Texas. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 2 Gäste sind Online:
mellowss

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: mellowss
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5232 Themen und 5234 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder Online:
bivinextream, gelonoie, hadhaiwasay, macrosupreme, macrosupremereview, mellowss, RobinSamson, RozyDork

| FAQ