Hes stretching out this spring

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 19.11.2019 04:02
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

Jessica Ennis-Hill insists there is no chance of her continuing her career beyond the 2017 World Championships in London and may retire after Rio 2016. The Olympic heptathlon champion is building up to the defence of her title in Rio de Janeiro and admits she might even call it a day after Augusts event in Brazil.But the 30-year-old, who is recovering from an achilles injury which ruled her out of the indoor season, insists she is not looking beyond this summers championships. I think at the moment Im just focused on Rio and being the best prepared I can and going out there and seeing what I can do, she told Laureus.com.Then its going to be a decision to make after Rio for me - whether I decide to retire after Rio or whether I decide I want to do one more year and go to the World Championships and retire after that.But I definitely wont be going on any longer than 2017. Ennis-Hill wins Beijing gold Jessica Ennis-Hill wins heptathlon gold at World Championships The Sheffield-based athlete will head to Rio as the reigning world champion after her astonishing comeback victory in Beijing last summer when she took gold in only her second heptathlon since London 2012 and just 13 months after the birth of her son Reggie.Despite that success, she maintains she will not be favourite to land another Olympic crown.Ennis-Hill, whose Beijing success saw her nominated for the 2016 Laureus World Comeback of the Year Award, added: People will obviously expect me to just keep performing at a high level and winning gold medals. Ennis-Hill claimed victory in the Womens Heptathlon on Super Saturday at the 2012 Olympic Games in London Unfortunately its not that easy. And this year is going to be more challenging just because of the level of competition. Everyone has stepped up their game.Its going to be tough and I think Im definitely not the favourite. I think theres Brianne Theisen-Eaton (the Canadian who won pentathlon gold at the World Indoor Championships this month) and I think Katarina Johnson-Thompson.She had her disappointments last year and is going to want to come back and make amends for what happened in Beijing, Ennis-Hill said of her 23-year-old team-mate Johnson-Thompson, who finished in 28th place after failing to record a distance in the long jump. Also See: Team GB Soccer Jerseys .ca. In Sundays Blackhawks-Penguins game, Pittsburgh defenceman Brooks Orpik laid a huge hit on Chicagos Jonathan Toews. Now in my view, Orpik can be clearly seen leaving his feet while delivering a moderately high hit. Nike Jerseys . Born in Berkeley and raised in Oakland, where he later pitched for the As, Ross beat the Giants for the first time in six career appearances by throwing eight scoreless innings to lead the San Diego Padres to a 2-1 victory Friday night. https://www.cheapjerseysjustwholesale.com/.Lets go back to the Avs, who have become one of the funnest teams to watch in this years playoffs. College Jerseys . HABS HEADED TO CONFERENCE FINAL The Montreal Canadiens scored early in Game Seven, built a lead and protected it well on their way to a 3-1 series-clinching win over the Boston Bruins. While this game or series isnt necessarily a referendum on the value of fourth lines, the Canadiens certainly benefitted from production lower down their forward depth chart. Cheap Authentic Jerseys .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night.DUNEDIN, Florida – Could it be? With the Blue Jays failure to land Ervin Santana and the continuing spring struggles, to varying degrees, of Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond and J.A. Happ, Ricky Romeros name is being brought up on an increasing basis. Its getting lumped in with that large group competing for a job in the starting rotation. Manager John Gibbons was effusive about Romeros Wednesday performance, in which the former ace lefthander allowed one run over four innings of work. "All hes got to do is get it in the zone," said Gibbons. "That ball is moving every which way too. Its tough to square him up. If he gets in the zone, he makes them swing, you add that great changeup on top of that, thats where hes had his success. Where he ran into trouble he was just scattering it. He was walking guys, things like that. Hes getting in the zone now and thats the key." Baby steps, though. Romero did walk two batters and hit another. He was the beneficiary of a beautifully turned double play and of an outfield assist on a base hit by Jose Bautista, who threw out a runner at third. If Romero was to land the starting job, at this moment it seems remote, the Jays would likely begin the season with an eight-man bullpen. The fact Romero isnt on the 40-man roster works against him, performance over the last two seasons aside, but he is owed at least $15.6-million over the remaining term on his contract and the Jays would love to get some value for it. Romero has simplified his approach. "Like Ive told Kratz and Thole, the guys who have caught me the last two times, just set up down the middle and stuff will move," he said. "I feel like Im getting that movement back with the changeup and the sinker. There are going to be times when I come out of my delivery a little bit but I think the good thing now is that Im realizing when Im coming out of it. Its just slowing myself back down and my delivery is going to be key, just finding that rhythm." One noticeable difference from last season: when Romero talks about feeling good, feeling confident, his eyes and his body language emit the same. That hasnt been the case. "I definitely feel like its in the right direction and how can you not," said Romero. "Everything Ive been through, this feels good. Im not going to get ahead of myself or anything like that but its taking it day by day and working.dddddddddddd I think if I do that, just continue to work, work, and see the little wins each and every day and remain positive I think Im going to be just fine. The rest will take care of itself." Its a long road back to being the 15-game winner from 2011 and Romero may never regain his All-Star form. But hes trying. His manager hopes the crisis of confidence is a thing of the past. "Some guys never rebound from it," said manager John Gibbons. "What hes done here this spring, we noticed it, first started noticing it, just warming up in the bullpen, just throwing their sides and in BP, before we even started playing games, he looked different. Were all pulling for him here." McGowan feeling better Dustin McGowan threw two scoreless innings in Thursdays 7-5 loss to the Astros. It was his first game action in 10 days thanks to a stomach bug. It was the same illness that affected Sergio Santos earlier this month. "I lost eight (pounds,) exactly, too," said McGowan. "I think its the eight pound flu or whatever it was. Next time Sergio needs to stay home." After years of battling shoulder problems, McGowan made 25 appearances out of the bullpen last season, posting a 2.45 ERA while striking out, essentially, one hitter per inning pitched. Hes stretching out this spring, longing to be a starter once more. He felt no side effects from his sickness-induced layoff. "I felt good," said McGowan. "For me, thats the most important thing is feeling good. Pitches are starting to come around and location is starting to get better so its a positive outing today for me." McGowan seems to understand the unlikelihood that hell end up in the rotation, admitting "Its hard to say in my head Im going to be a starter but thats where I want to be." Still, hell continue to try to pitch deeper into games. "Ill keep going this path but if Im at four innings by the end of spring, if they want me in the bullpen thats easy to transfer right into," he said. "If you throw one or two, youre ready for it easily." Has he gained the eight pounds back he lost while sick? "You dont see this," joked McGowan, pointing to his stomach. "Ive got it." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: swellKetodi
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5267 Themen und 5269 Beiträge.

Heute waren 7 Mitglieder Online:
AndrewThur, cryptoengine, LornJhon, magmaargo, swellKetodi, wildleanketo0, wunderketoshark

| FAQ