Vyas said Crosby had no major symptoms

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 18.11.2019 03:35
von Cl11234566 • 360 Beiträge

VALENCIA, Spain - Top-seeded David Ferrer powered his way past Andreas Seppi 6-3, 7-5 to reach the second round of the Valencia Open on Wednesday.The Spaniards consistent first-serve accuracy and powerful forehand returns proved too strong for his Italian opponent.Ferrer will play countryman Fernando Verdasco next.Earlier, Pablo Andujar caused the first major upset of the tournament by defeating second-seeded Tomas Berdych.Andujar, whose hometown is Valencia, downed the Czech player 6-3, 6-2 in 72 minutes, three days after Berdych had won the Stockholm Open, his 10th ATP title.It was a very special match for me, here in Valencia, with my friends and family cheering me on, Andujar said. I tried to be as solid as I could, then when I had a chance I tried to hit the ball as hard as I could because I know Tomas is more powerful than me. Had I returned tame balls, he would have destroyed me.Third-seeded Andy Murray overcame early problems with his first serve to beat Jurgen Melzer of Austria 6-3, 6-3, with coach Amelie Mauresmo watching from the stands.Murray, who won this tournament in 2009 and claimed his 30th tour title when he rallied to defeat Ferrer at the Erste Bank Open in Vienna on Sunday, hit 10 aces past Melzer.He will play Fabio Fognini of Italy in the second round.Pablo Carreno Busta, who entered on a wildcard and is 10 years younger than fourth-seeded Feliciano Lopez, took just 65 minutes to defeat his 33-year-old Spanish compatriot 6-4, 6-4.Brazils Tomas Bellucci beat Mikhail Youzhny 7-5, 6-3 and will next face Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain, who defeated Santiago Giraldo 6-4, 6-4.In a late match, Spains Tommy Robredo beat Yen-Hsun Lu of Taiwan 6-2, 6-4. Rafael Ortega Braves Jersey .com) - Carmelo Anthony tallied 31 points to help the New York Knicks continue their improved play of late with a 100-92 victory over a short-handed Oklahoma City Thunder squad. Shane Greene Jersey . -- Rodney Stuckey scored 15 of his 21 points in the second half, and the Detroit Pistons beat the New York Knicks for the first time in eight meetings, 92-86 on Tuesday night. https://www.cheapbraves.com/2893o-warren...sey-braves.html. - Considering where Jeff Gordon was after Richmond, left out of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship in part due to some late-race shenanigans, he couldnt have been happier on Sunday. Francisco Cervelli Jersey . Among the teams moves was trading one of the teams two third round picks, no. 83 overall, to the Chicago Blackhawks for Brandon Bollig, a six-foot-two, 223-pound left-winger who had seven goals, seven assists, and 92 penalty minutes in 82 games last season. Huascar Ynoa Jersey . "Hes over there," the first baseman said. "You dont need to talk to anybody else." Indeed, Peralta did it all as the majors top team won again.PITTSBURGH, Pa. - Add Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby to the growing list of NHL players dealing with the mumps.The Penguins announced the diagnosis Sunday after holding the two-time MVP out of games over the weekend as a precaution when swelling developed on the right side of Crosbys face — swelling the team believed was related to a salivary gland injury Crosby sustained in a game against Carolina on Nov. 29.Crosby was able to skate with the team on Friday morning but was pulled from the lineup for Friday nights game against Calgary after his condition worsened. He underwent further tests that revealed the presence of the disease. He is currently in isolation but should be through the infectious stage by Monday, though the team has already ruled him out on Monday night when Pittsburgh hosts the Tampa Bay Lightning.Crosby received a booster shot against the virus before travelling to Russia for the Winter Olympics in February and initial tests done a couple of weeks ago indicated Crosby was not in any danger.It came as a bit of a surprise, team doctor Dharmesh Vyas said. Every indication was that he was well protected against the disease.The NHL is dealing witth a widespread outbreak of the virus, with players from Anaheim, Minnesota, the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils among those affected.ddddddddddddThe Penguins have aggressively tried to prevent the disease from spreading, having players and staff undergo testing earlier in the month. Vyas said Crosby had no major symptoms, pointing out the swelling that usually accompanies mumps is present on both sides of the face. Crosby only had swelling on one side.He did not have a classic presentation of mumps, Vyas said.The setback for the teams second-leading scorer is the latest unusual medical development for the Metropolitan Division-leading Penguins. Forward Pascal Dupuis is out for the regular season due to blood clots. Defenceman Olli Maatta missed two weeks in November after a cancerous tumour was removed from his thyroid. Maatta is currently dealing with an unspecified injury the team said is not related to the thyroid surgery or the mumps.In our case were going through a period here thats pretty rough, general manager Jim Rutherford said. Its a period that builds character and if you can get through it its going to help you in the long run. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: nolaiown
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5257 Themen und 5259 Beiträge.

Heute waren 10 Mitglieder Online:
canadacaterme, CharlesThur, dakotanolan96, JastinBieber, kaurlavanya25, ketonestar, ketopills2021, merijaantuha, nolaiown, robincliff

| FAQ