played every inning of every

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 14.11.2019 02:32
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

TORONTO, Ontario -- Captain Greg Westlake stressed the importance of not allowing success get to their head following Canadas 3-1 sledge hockey victory over the United States Saturday. The win gives Canada its fifth title at the World Sledge Hockey Challenge. "Weve got to keep pushing," said Westlake, who led Canada with five goals in the tournament. "The second you let off the pedal, everyone catches up." Canada got goals from Adam Dixon, Billy Bridges and Westlake to open a 3-0 after 20 minutes and never looked back. Josh Pauls scored for the U.S. in the second. Canada got out to an early 2-0 lead in Thursdays semi final victory over South Korea and held on for a win, an experience they learned from entering the gold medal game. "There were lessons that we learned during the week, said Canadian head coach, Mike Mondin. "We put that all into practice today so it was good to see that the team learned from their mistakes." Added Westlake: "It was a lot more complete effort tonight. We won a couple games this week that we couldve lost. We won a couple games that felt like losses." Canada previously won the event twice in 2011, in 2008 and in 2007. Canada claimed silver at the 2009 and 2012 events. The Americans have won three bronze medals at the World Sledge Hockey Challenge, to go along with gold in 2012 and in 2009. The U.S. won silver in November 2011. "We played Canada twice, I thought we played with them four of the six periods," said American head coach, Jeff Sauer. "We played a poor first period against them (Wednesday) night and we played a poor first period tonight. "Other than that, I thought we were pretty even." Dixon opened the scoring at 9:03 of the first period when his point shot deflected off an American and beat Steve Cash for his third goal. Canada then scored twice in a 32 second span to take a 3-0 lead. Bridges made it 2-0 with a wrist shot, which beat Cash top corner, for his third of the tournament at 12:23. Then at 12:55, Westlake tipped in a Brad Bowden shot. Pauls got the Americans on the board at 5:51 of the second with his fourth of the tournament. Cash made six saves in the loss while Corbin Watson stopped 11 American shots. Canada finished first in the preliminary round going 3-0 including wins over South Korea (5-2), Russia (5-3) and the U.S. (4-1). The Americans were second following preliminary round action, with wins over Russia (2-1) and South Korea (5-0), their lone loss coming to the Canadians Wednesday night. The World Sledge Hockey Challenge, which has been played in Canada since 2007, marks the final international tournament prior to the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi, Russia. Canada and the U.S. will play a three-game exhibition in January in North Carolina as a final tune-up for the Paralympics. Russia captured bronze at the World Sledge Hockey Challenge with a 4-2 win over South Korea on Saturday afternoon. Evgeny Petrov scored the winner with 1:11 remaining in the third. Dmitriy Lisov had a pair of goals and Alexey Amosov added the other for Russia Yong-Min Lee and Young-Sung Kim scored for South Korea, which finished winless in its first World Sledge Hockey Challenge appearance. Cecil Cooper Jersey .J. -- The New Jersey Devils are so bad in shootouts, coach Pete DeBoer doesnt mind seeing his team take chances in the five-minute overtime. Lorenzo Cain Brewers Jersey . Dont miss a single shot, live on TSN beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. Winners of their last eight games, the Heat return to Toronto for the second time in the month of November. After beginning the season 4-3, allowing 100.9 points on 47 per cent shooting, Miamis resurgent defence has vaulted them back to the top of a weak Eastern Conference. https://www.cheapbrewers.com/749y-ray-bl...ey-brewers.html. - San Diego Padres centre fielder Cameron Maybin is going to be out two to three months after rupturing his left biceps tendon during a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday. Hank Aaron Jersey . The 30-year-old Texas native was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 20th round of the 2001 amateur draft. Duke spent six years in Pittsburgh and also had stints with Arizona, Washington and Cincinnati. Paul Molitor Jersey . They were expecting him there all along. The Pacers announced Friday night that George has been cleared "to return to normal basketball activity," a decision made three days after he was concussed in Game 2 of the Indiana-Miami series.PHILADELPHIA - Fredi Gonzalez was tossing and turning in his hotel room Saturday night.With starter Alex Wood sidelined with a forearm injury, the Atlanta Braves manager was worried about the pitching for the final game of the regular season.I only got about four hours sleep because I was up trying to figure out how to use the bullpen, Gonzalez said. They did a terrific job.Led by James Russell, who started for the first time since 2011, five Braves pitchers combined to stymie the Philadelphia Phillies and made a couple of first inning runs stand up in a 2-1 victory.Russell pitched four scoreless innings before handing off to Luis Avilan (4-1), who picked up the win with two shutout innings in relief. Craig Kimbrel notched his 47th save.They gave me a chance so I thought I might as well show what I could do, Russell said. Ive always had confidence in myself as a starter and I was happy to get the chance.The Braves needed their bullpen to come through because Phillies ace Cole Hamels was nearly as stingy.After allowing the first four Braves batters to reach base, Hamels (9-9) didnt allow a hit the rest of his eight innings.Hamels, who remained in the game after getting hit in the mouth by Tommy La Stellas grounder in the second inning, retired 20 consecutive Braves before hitting Joey Terdoslavich with a pitch in the seventh inning.What a great pitcher, Gonzalez said of Hamels. We sniffed a couple of runs off him in the first inning then he gets hit in the face and almost pitches a complete game.Emilio Bonifacio led off the game with home run and Freddie Freeman had an RBI single in the first for the Braves.Ben Revere got a hit to finish tied with Washington Nationals outfielder Dennard Span for most hits in the NL with 184.A half-game out of first place in the NL East on July 29, the Braves ended up in a tie for second with the New York Mets at 79-83. Atlanta won just six of 25 games in a dismal September and was 26-41 after the All-Star break.ddddddddddddIts fun to end the season in a positive way, Russell said. Its just a shame we didnt make a better push for the playoffs.Beset by injuries to its starting rotation, the Braves finished with a losing record for the first time since 2008 and just the third time since 1991.The Phillies (73-89) finished with an identical record to 2013 and had consecutive losing seasons for the first time since 1999-2000. It was also the first last-place finish for the club since 2000.Last place is a first for me, said Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins, who didnt play during the final few weeks of the season with a hamstring injury. We started rebuilding this year. (in the off-season) we need to find ways to score runs with the guys we have plus one or two guys they go get and guys that fill out the bench. Rebuilding is something that started this year and we played like a rebuilding team honestly.IRON MANFreeman played every inning of every game this season, the only player in the majors to accomplish that feat this year. In doing so, he also set the Atlanta Braves club record for most innings played in a season with 1449, passing the previous mark of 1447 1-3 set by Andruw Jones in 1999.MIRROR IMAGEHamels made his 30th start of the season for the Phillies Sunday, reaching that benchmark for the seventh consecutive season and surpassed the 200-inning plateau for the fifth straight year. Both are the best by any Phillies pitcher since Hall-of-Fame lefty Steve Carlton did both for nine consecutive seasons from 1972-80.CENTURY MARKPhillies reliever Jake Diekman pitched the ninth and struck out both Freeman and Evan Gattis to finish with 100 strikeouts for the season. He became the first Phillies reliever to strike out 100 batters since Al Holland also finished with 100 in 1983. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: CharlesThur
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5248 Themen und 5250 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
CharlesThur, dakotanolan96

| FAQ