Sacramento went over the 100-point mark

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 08.11.2019 08:57
von Cl11234566 • 360 Beiträge

LA QUINTA, Calif. - Bill Haas had a bad feeling.It felt like a train wreck all coming together, Haas said.Leading by a stroke on the final hole Sunday in the Humana Challenge, Haas flew the right bunker with his drive and the ball trickled left and stopped on the ledge of the front lip.I could see from the tee where it ended up and I was shocked, Haas said.Haas came up with an imaginative escape, conjuring memories of the shot he splashed out of the water to 3 feet in his playoff victory in the 2011 Tour Championship,I think of myself as more of a painter and not a mechanic, Haas said.Standing in the sand with the ball in dormant grass at nearly waist level, he choked up on an 8-iron and gave it a whack.I easily could have whiffed it, could have chunked it and moved it 5 yards, Haas said.Instead, he hit it 80 yards down the fairway. That left him 170 yards on the par 5 and he hit another 8-iron safely to the middle of the green to set up his winning two-putt par.He was afraid to hit left-handed and considered a one-handed shot standing backward.Using the little toe of the club left-handed, the water was in play, out of bounds might have been in play, I just didnt feel comfortable doing that, Haas said. I have done the thing before backwards where you do it one-handed and poke it down the fairway. I almost did that.Haas pulled ahead with a 20-foot birdie putt on the par-4 16th and escaped with the par on 18 for a one-stroke victory. He closed with a 5-under 67 for his sixth PGA Tour title. The 32-year-old former Wake Forest player won the 2010 event for his first tour victory.Honestly, if you would have told me I would have done this last week, I would have laughed at you, Haas said. To be here is an unbelievable feeling.His father, Jay, won the 1998 tournament. Haas great uncle, 85-year-old Bob Goalby, was in the gallery at PGA Wests Arnold Palmer Private Course. Goalby won the 1968 Masters.Haas was making his first start since November. He took the break to rest his left wrist, fractured in April when he fell down stairs.I played a little bit, Haas said. I didnt just put the clubs up.Haas got to 22 under with the birdie on 16, breaking a six-man tie for the lead.Ive been in a tournament where Ive been maybe one ahead or tied, but not with five or six guys right behind me knowing that if I dump one in the water, I go from winning to finishing 10th, Haas said.Matt Kuchar, Charley Hoffman, Brendan Steele, Steve Wheatcroft and Sung Joon Park tied for second. Hoffman and Steele shot 64, Park had a 65, and Kuchar and Wheatcroft shot 67.Haas kept a share of the lead with a key par save on the par-3 15th. Short-sided in the left bunker, he blasted to 6 feet.That was one of the moments where I knew if I missed that I was going from leading to maybe not even top 10, Haas said.He had a chance to increase the lead on the par-3 17th, but missed a 10-foot birdie try with a bighorn sheep grazing nearby at the foot of the Santa Rosa Mountains.On 18, with water on the left, his drive went too far right.I was doing everything I could to not go left. So, what do you do? You go right, he said.Haas eagled the par-5 sixth for a share of the lead, setting up his 15-foot putt with a 260-yard shot from the dormant left rough with the ball below his feet.That was huge, Haas said. Just fortunate that 5-wood came out like it did, because out of that Bermuda rough, anything can happen.Justin Thomas, Webb Simpson and Boo Weekley tied for seventh, two strokes back.Thomas, playing alongside Haas and two-time heart transplant recipient Erik Compton, dropped out of the lead on 16 with a double bogey after hitting into the canal from a fairway bunker.Hit fractionally behind it and in the water she went, Thomas said.The 21-year-old former Alabama player birdied 18 for a 69.Compton shot 70 to tie for 10th, three strokes back at 19 under.I wasnt pleased with the way I started, Compton said. You got to put your foot down.Phil Mickelson had a 68 to tie for 24th at 15 under in his first start since the Ryder Cup.It was a good week to get the year started, Mickelson said. Now well see the next two weeks if I can get that fine-tuning done.DIVOTS: Colt Knost had a 63 — the best round of the day — to tie for 10th at 19 under. He was in the first group off the 10th tee and played his final nine holes behind Haas group. ... Patrick Reed, the winner last year, shot 71 to finish at 15 under. He started the year with a playoff victory in the Tournament of Champions. Wholesale Nike Shoes From China .com) - Chris Kreider tallied a goal and an assist as the New York Rangers capped a successful California road trip with a 3-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday. Fake Nike Shoes From China . -- Hee Young Park topped the leaderboard at 8 under Friday in the suspended second round of the Kingsmill Championship. https://www.nikeshoeschina.us/. The traditional pre-Masters event was halted early due to inclement weather. Harrington, who tied for first in 2003 and won in 2004, became the first three-time champion of the event. Clearance Nike Shoes From China . The Marlies centre set up three goals, including the game-winner, as Toronto cruised to a 4-1 victory over the Oklahoma City Barons in American Hockey League action. Nike Shoes From China . 25 against Miami. Hillis left Browns Stadium about two hours before kickoff, a decision that has led to speculation he was upset over ongoing negotiations with the club on a contract extension.SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- DeMarcus Cousins did something Sunday hes not usually known for: lots of smiling. The often-scowling Cousins had 32 points and 12 rebounds, and Isaiah Thomas had 30 points and eight assists in the Kings 124-107 victory that sent the Milwaukee Bucks to their seventh straight loss. Cousins has shown increasing maturity over the last 13 games since he was called for technical fouls Nos. 14 and 15 of the season and ejected in a Feb. 25 loss at home to Houston. That left Cousins one technical from a mandatory one-game suspension. But the emotional Cousins has put a halt to complaining to referees and hasnt drawn another technical. Against the Bucks, he was clearly enjoying a big margin of victory, a rarity this season for the Kings. "Its always fun to win," said Cousins, who dodged a question about any new-found approach to the game. "My focus is going out and winning." Different approach or not, Cousins clearly had his way with the Bucks. Scoring in a variety of ways, he had 14 points in the first quarter and 21 by halftime. The Bucks were never able to contain the talented Kings centre. Cousins made 14 of 19 shots, four of six free throws and added four assists and two steals. "Now I see where he is bringing it more (upcourt) on the dribble after the rebound," Bucks coach Larry Drew said. "I was mad at my guys for not getting in his way, but you can see he looks comfortable doing it. Its just the matter of him being under control and it looks like he is and making the right plays out of it." The Kings demonstrated early they would not be overlooking the struggling Bucks. Sacramento led by 23 points after one quarter, took a 70-44 lead into halftime, and were ahead by 34 points after three quarters. "We cant go out there and lay down. Im not saying we did that tonight," Drew said. "This is one of the few games we came out and laid an egg at the very beginning. Weve actually been playing some pretty good basketball." Rudy Gay had 24 points and eight rebounds and Ben McLemore scored 15 points for the Kings, who had dropped four of their past five home games against the Bucks.dddddddddddd O.J. Mayo scored 13 of his 21 points in the fourth quarter for Milwaukee. Mayo consistently connected from the outside and the Bucks shot 75 per cent in the fourth quarter in outscoring the Kings 37-20. "I told our guys that any win in the NBA is something to be happy about, but I just didnt like how we played in the second half," Kings coach Michael Malone said. "We gave up 63 points, they shot 64 per cent from the field in the second half. We had no discipline." Ersan Ilyasova had 14 points and Jeff Adrien and Ramon Sessions each added 13 for Milwaukee. Brandon Knight came in averaging 20.1 points in March, but the Milwaukee guard missed his first seven shots and finished 2-of-12 and had six points and seven assists. Milwaukee (13-57) has dropped 10 of 11 games overall. The Bucks have won only eight home games and have lost eight straight and 18 of 19 on the road, dating to Jan. 2. Their lone road win in that stretch was Feb. 24 against Philadelphia, another struggling team. Milwaukee will need to reverse the losing trend quickly if it hopes to avoid a franchise-worst season. The 1993-94 Bucks had a 20-62 record. Thomas scored 14 points and Cousins had 11 in the third quarter. Sacramento went over the 100-point mark on Thomas 3-pointer at the 2:35 mark and was in front 104-70 after three quarters. The Kings came out a little sluggish in the third quarter, but seemed to get inspired after Cousins grabbed a rebound and dribbled the length of the court and finished with a resounding dunk. The basket ignited a 16-3 run that put the Kings ahead 90-57. NOTES: Bucks rookie guard Nate Wolters fractured his left hand Thursday against Golden State and will miss the final 13 games. ... Royce White played his second straight game for the Kings, getting in for the final 48 seconds. ... The Bucks shot 27 per cent in the opening quarter and 35 per cent in the first half. ... Mayo had not played in the previous six games. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: livilnie
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5208 Themen und 5210 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

| FAQ