Hills goal, his first since October 2012

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 08.11.2019 08:56
von Cl11234566 • 360 Beiträge

Paris, France (SportsNetwork.com) - Eight-time champion Rafael Nadal and last years runner-up David Ferrer were a pair of easy winners Saturday at the French Open. The world No. 1 great Nadal improved to 3-0 lifetime against Leonardo Mayer by handling the Argentine 6-2, 7-5, 6-2 on the Spaniards beloved red clay at Court Chatrier. Nadal is now 62-1 lifetime at Roland Garros, where hes won four straight and eight of the last nine titles. He beat Ferrer in last years all-Spanish finale and has won his last 31 matches overall at this Parisian major. The 27-year-old Nadal is trying to become the first man to win five straight French Open titles. The reigning French and U.S. Open champions fourth-round opponent will be talented Serb Dusan Lajovic. The fifth-seeded Ferrer, meanwhile, got past 32nd-seeded Italian Andreas Seppi 6-2, 7-6 (7-2), 6-3 on Day 7. Ferrer posted his 35th win at Roland Garros, one shy of Alex Corretja for the second-most by a Spaniard at this clay-court Grand Slam, and continued his dominance of Seppi, beating the Italian for the seventh time in as many meetings without dropping a set. Ferrer, like Nadal, did not lose a set in Week 1 in Paris. Seppi fell to 6-64 all-time against top-10 players, including only one win in his last 50 tries. Ferrer will next play Kevin Anderson. The 19th-seeded South African slugger earned a spot in the round of 16 when Croatias Ivo Karlovic retired with an apparent back injury after dropping the first set 6-3. Anderson has matched his best showing at a Grand Slam. Last year, he became the first South African man to reach the fourth round at the French Open since Wayne Ferreira in 1996. Flashy Frenchman Gael Monfils, seeded 23rd, posted an upset by tackling 14th- seeded Italian Fabio Fognini 5-7, 6-2, 6-4, 0-6, 6-2, while the aforementioned Lajovic moved into the round of 16 by defeating American Jack Sock 6-4, 7-5, 6-3. The 83rd-ranked Lajovic is playing in only his second major tournament. He lost in the second round to Japans Kei Nishikori at the Australian Open in January. "Its my first Roland Garros main draw appearance and first time in the fourth round, so I cant be more happy than this," said Lajovic. "Maybe to play Rafa on Chatrier is one of the biggest dreams and biggest challenges. So for sure its not going to be easy. "You need to have a lot of tips and confidence to beat [Nadal], but I hope to enjoy the match if he wins and to give my best." Also on Saturday, Spaniard Marcel Granollers overcame Slovak Martin Klizan, 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 7-6 (7-4), 7-5 and Spains Guillermo Garcia-Lopez outlasted American left-hander Donald Young 6-2, 6-4, 2-6, 6-7 (4-7), 6-4. NCAA Jerseys China . Best has been bothered by concussion problems and hasnt played since Oct. 16, when the Lions lost to San Francisco. After starting 5-0, Detroit has lost four of six, beginning with that game against the 49ers. NCAA Jerseys Outlet . Matt Carkner got back into the Ottawa lineup, and made his presence felt right away by settling his clubs score in a one-sided fight with Rangers forward Brian Boyle. https://www.chinajerseysncaa.us/.com) - Australian Open champion Li Na, former Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova and former world No. Cheap Football NCAA Jerseys . Louis Cardinals have agreed to a one-year contract. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys China .The Williams siblings, with 25 Grand Slam titles between them, will have a couple of Madisons joining them, too.Madison Keys had a 6-4, 7-5 upset win over two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova on Saturday night, and Madison Brengle beat Coco Vandeweghe 6-3, 6-2 in an all-U. COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- Frank Klopas was happy with his players effort Saturday night. The officiating, on the other hand, left the Montreal Impact coach frustrated and angry. Dillon Powers scored on an early penalty kick to give the Colorado Rapids a 1-0 lead, and three goals in the second half helped them cruise to a 4-1 win over Montreal. Klopas expressed his dissatisfaction with referee Chris Penso, who made the call that awarded Colorado the penalty kick, after the game. "We were controlling the game and its unfortunate," Klopas said. "When the referee is a protagonist in the game its never good. So its a shame. He did a very, very poor job. For me, he had a very bad game." Powers, Kamani Hill and Shane ONeill scored in the second half as Colorado (5-4-3) snapped a two-game losing streak. Powers penalty-kick goal came in the fifth minute of the match, on what the Impact considered a borderline call on midfielder Sanna Nyassi. "Whatever the call was they still had a point-blank shot that was saved," midfielder Justin Mapp said. "Looks like a pretty good advantage to me. Not sure what the call is there." For a team that has struggled to find some footing away from home it was a tough night. The Impact (1-6-4) kept it close until the second half, but Colorado scored two goals in a span of five minutes to put it away. Anders Romero scored the lone goal for Montreal, which is now 0-4-2 on the road. "For us, we have to regroup fast," Klopas said. "We have the Canadian final coming up." The Impact had some chances right after Powers penalty kick but couldnt cash in. Mapp got through the defence on the left side and put a shot on Colorado goalie Clint Irwin, who made the save in the eighth minute. Mapp had another chance in the 16th minute but couldnt convert, and he hit a post in the 50th minute with his team down just a goal. He also was takenn down in the box but no call was made, which didnt sit well with the Impact.dddddddddddd "I thought so but I might be a little biased," Mapp said when asked if the takedown should have resulted in a penalty kick. An offside call that negated a goal by Issey Nakajima-Farran in the 66th minute added to the frustration. "I know the game is fast and people make mistakes, but today when we can talk mainly about the decisions of the referee its never good," Klopas said. The Rapids had several chances early but some good defence and key saves kept the Impact close. Deshorn Brown got a step on midfielder Patrice Bernier and then deked goaltender Troy Perkins in the 14th minute, but as Brown got a low shot off, Bernier slid behind Perkins to kick away the shot. "Once he dribbled I saw he didnt really see me coming from behind," Brenier said. "I dove, made a play and kept us at 1-0. Cant give up." Later, Brown leaped over midfielder Wandrille Lefevre but hit the post. Those near misses didnt cost the Rapids, however. Goals by Hill in the 54th minute and ONeill in the 59th gave the Rapids a 3-0 lead. Hills goal, his first since October 2012, came at the top of the box and faded over Perkins outstretch arm. ONeill dropped his shot over Perkins and just under the crossbar to make it 3-0. Powers finished the rout when he spun at the top of the box and sent a low shot past Perkins in the 84th minute for his second of the game. Romero scored his second goal of the season with a strong individual effort. He took the ball from the sideline, dribbled past three defenders and beat Irwin with a shot to the far post in the 88th minute. "It was a great goal. It just seems for us we have to score a goal for the Oscars," Klopas said. "We had some good chances. It is what it is. My players, they gave everything. Theres nothing I can complain about." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: onedayshot
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5227 Themen und 5229 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder Online:
createmailed, jigyasaS, ketoburnmax1, ketoburnmax89, onedayshot, SamThur, toxiburnprice, ZomatoCoupons

| FAQ