Fikile Mbalula has been critical of what

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 06.11.2019 03:26
von Cl11234566 • 360 Beiträge

LONDON -- Eugenie Bouchard and Milos Raonic set records as they became the fourth and fifth Canadians respectively to reach the fourth round of Wimbledon after straight-set wins on Saturday. Both had to wait out a rain interruption lasting nearly five hours before taking comprehensive third-round victories to join Carling Bassett-Seguso (1983, 1986), Patricia Hy-Boulais (1996-97) and Daniel Nestor (1999) as Canadians who made it into the second week of a major. Bouchard, semifinalist in Melbourne and Paris already this season, posted a 6-3, 6-4 defeat of German Andrea Petkovic. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., joined Bouchard in Wimbledons second week by beating Polands Lukasz Kubot in the third round 7-6 (2), 7-6(4), 6-2. He fired over 30 aces and 50 winners, breaking twice with just six unforced errors on the way to victory. "I was able to be dominant on my serve, I only lost nine points on it," said Raonic. "This definitely makes my life a lot easier and puts pressure on him. "But at the same time, I didnt really have my opportunities. I played a few good points in tiebreaks and he was able to of hold on." Raonic has won three straight Wimbledon grass matches for the first time, after doing the same at Halle, Germany in 2011 and 2012. "Im starting from very low comfort level on grass but now Im feeling pretty comfortable," said Raonic. "Ive made pretty significant progress on this surface this year." The 13th-seeded Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., started her match in the early afternoon but found herself in the locker-room for nearly five hours after 15 minutes of play as rain wrecked the schedule. But the weather cleared up in the early evening with Bouchard and Petkovic returning to the court with the Canadian leading 2-1. Bouchard picked up where she left off, putting the pressure on a player who had defeated her in three previous meetings including the Rogers Cup in Toronto three years ago. She took victory on her third match point when Petkovic hit the net with a return. Bouchard produced 30 winners and 14 unforced errors, breaking five time in the match lasting less than 90 minutes. She next plays Frances Alzie Cornet, who beat top seed and five-time champion Serena Williams for the second time this season, winning 1-6, 6-3, 6-4 in a stunning upset. Cornet won their previous meeting on clay at Strasbourg last year. "I played well, even though it was straight sets it was a battle," said Bouchard. "It was tough with the lone rain delay, but it was the same for both girls "Im happy I was able to close it out with any serve, being aggressive and taking the ball early. During the rain delay I tried to conserve energy -- I wanted to give it all on the court. Bouchard said she didnt actually mind the wait. "Rain is part of the Wimbledon experience," she said with a laugh. "Weve been lucky so far, you have to have some rain at Wimbledon." Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys . -- Michael Frazier II scored 21 points, Dorian Finney-Smith added 11 and No. Custom Texas Rangers Nike Jerseys . The Montreal Canadiens goaltender has won three of his four games since returning from a lower-body injury that kept him out from the end of the Olympic break until March 15. https://www.custombaseballnikejerseys.com/.Airport spokeswoman Heather Lissner said that all departing flights were back on schedule. However, arriving flights were still trying to catch up.Super Bowl Sunday got off to an inconvenient start for hundreds of passengers trying to get to Phoenix for the game. Custom Chicago Cubs Nike Jerseys . On Monday night, many fans in this city placed the blame squarely on the captain for his role in the James Neal overtime winner against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Custom Pittsburgh Pirates Nike Jerseys . Some will say that Martin is too sensitive while others will say that it is part of the way football is in the locker room. But to have to absorb what was said to him for any rational and intelligent person is too much.Cricket South Africa (CSA) will formally introduce racial quotas at national team level, the board has revealed. The organisation has come under fire from the South African government for a lack of transformation in its national teams, leading to a ban on bidding for international tournaments that will be reviewed next year.President Chris Nenzani said in a statement that the CSA will seek to move with the times and set a minimum number of black players to be selected in all their national teams. He added that these targets would be calculated over a year and not apply on a match-by-match basis.In the past we had never set targets in our national teams but with changing circumstances we feel it is essential to move with the times, Nenzani said.The precise targets will depend on work to be undertaken by relevant committees to determine what is realistic and sustainable. This will be announced in due course.The Proteas had already been seeking to introduce more black players into the national teams in all formats and have done so with some success. Chris Nenzani (right) wants South Africa to move with the times The one-day international side that defeated Australia by 47 runs in the tri-series competition in the West Indiies in June had eight players of colour for the first time ever.ddddddddddddCSA has already introduced quotas for the countrys domestic franchise competitions where teams must field at least six players of colour, including three black African players.South Africas sports minister Fikile Mbalula has been critical of what he says is the slow rate of transformation in the countrys major sporting codes, bar football. South African Sport Minister Fikile Mbalula The country has seen greater participation among black players across most sports at junior level despite the challenge of providing adequate school facilities in poorer districts.But Mbalula wants to see this reflected quicker at national team level and in April slammed the federations from rugby, cricket, netball and athletics for failing to meet what he says were agreed to targets on transformation.He banned them from bidding for or hosting international events until they met their targets, with a review of this decision scheduled for this coming April. Also See: Fixtures/results Live cricket on Sky Get Sky Sports Cricket videos ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fireliwo
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5273 Themen und 5275 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

| FAQ