post-qualifying conference

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 31.10.2019 04:12
von Cl11234566 • 360 Beiträge

PHOENIX -- The NFL has suspended Arizona Cardinals standout inside linebacker Daryl Washington for one year for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. The punishment, announced Friday, was for substance abuse and did not mention his recent guilty plea to assaulting his ex-girlfriend. He still could face a later suspension for the criminal conviction. Washington, in a statement released by his agent, said the penalty was for marijuana, and that he takes responsibility for the violation. He said he "is committed to making changes" in his life that will allow him to return to the NFL. Considered among the best in the NFL at his position, Washington was suspended the first four games of last season for violating the substance abuse policy. "It is completely unacceptable that Daryl has once again put us in this position," Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said in a statement released by the team. "We all know what the consequences are and will deal with them." Washington, the team leader in tackles in 2011 and 2012, will lose $2.9 million in salary, plus any prorated signing bonus money, due to the suspension. In March, Arizona exercised a $10 million option to keep him on the roster. Washington received $5 million then and the deals calls for him to get the other $5 million next March. However, the leagues collective bargaining agreement with players has a mechanism that allows the Cardinals to recoup a portion of that option money because of the substance abuse violation. Washington said the NFL "policy is very strict, and I have chosen to take responsibility." "I will work extremely hard to stay in top football shape," he said, "and will work equally hard to ensure that my life off the field meets the high level of maturity and responsibility to which I am committed." With the loss of inside linebacker Karlos Dansby to free agency, the Cardinals find themselves without the dynamic combination that was a big part of their strong defence last season. Second-year player Kevin Minter is slotted to take Dansbys place. Just what the team will do to try to replace Washington is unclear. "Our approach is the same as its always been: next man up," Keim said. "We talk a lot about how critical depth is to a team because situations always arise whether by injury or other circumstances such as this one." After leading the team with 111 tackles in his second NFL season, Washington signed a six-year contract, adding four years and $32 million to his existing deal. In 2012, he led the team with career highs of 140 tackles and nine sacks and made the Pro Bowl. But in April of last year, the NFL suspended him four games for violating the substance abuse policy. A month later, he was arrested on accusations of assaulting his ex-girlfriend, the mother of the couples child. He pleaded guilty to two counts of assault earlier this year. A suspension for the criminal conviction had been expected. The penalty for substance abuse came as a surprise to some, but apparently not to Washingtons teammates. "Old news to us, new news to yall," defensive tackle Darnell Dockett said in a tweet. Keim said "our hope is that this suspension will give Daryl the opportunity to accept the necessary help and guidance to get his life back on track," Keim said, "and we will certainly support him however we can." When OTAs resumed this week, coach Bruce Arians said he hoped the team could pick up another outside linebacker. The Cardinals signed veteran Larry Foote in the off-season, and outside linebacker Lorenzo Washington also can play inside. Minter, a second-round draft pick, played almost entirely on special teams as a rookie. Another player Arizona has at inside linebacker is Kenny Demens, an undrafted rookie free agent a year ago who spent last season on the Cardinals practice squad. "I sincerely apologize for the effect of my actions on my teammates, coaches and other colleagues at the Cardinals," Washington said. "I also apologize to Cardinals fans for the time I will miss. I will work diligently during this suspension to return as a better man and football player." Nike Air Max 90 From China . The judge sternly instructed the prosecutor to restrain himself and he apologized -- then went right back to trying to pick holes in the testimony of the double-amputee runner. It was a harsh day of cross-examination for Pistorius, challenged relentlessly about his account of the moments just before he killed Reeva Steenkamp, as well as circumstances related to several firearms charges against him, including the firing of a gun in a crowded restaurant. Clearance Nike Air Max 90 .J. -- Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch deservedly draw the attention for what theyve done in getting the Seattle Seahawks to the Super Bowl. https://www.cheapnikeairmax90china.us/. There are practical ideas, like this Chewbaca inspired Star Wars jerseys. Star Wars themed jerseys for the Toledo Mud Hens. Fake Nike Air Max 90 . Tyutin has missed the last nine games with an ankle injury which occurred while playing for Russia at the Olympics. The top-two defenceman has four goals and 20 assists, 30 penalty minutes and a plus-6 rating in 53 games with Columbus this season. Nike Air Max 90 Outlet . "I had a pretty good year," the soft-spoken Granberg told TSN.ca with a grin from the teams annual rookie tournament in London. A fourth-round selection in 2010, Granberg is worth keeping an eye on with NHL training camps rolling around in less than a week. The six-foot-two, 200-pound defender may not possess the wow-inspiring theatrics of fellow prospect Morgan Rielly, but nonetheless has a chance to contribute with the Leafs when all is said and done this season. MONACO -- Nico Rosberg took pole position for the Monaco Grand Prix ahead of Lewis Hamilton on Saturday after making a late error that left his Mercedes teammate visibly irate at missing out on a shot at qualifying in first place. With Rosberg holding the best time, the Mercedes pair went out for one final qualifying lap with less than a minute remaining in the session, but the German lost control coming out of the Mirabeau turn, sliding down an escape road. After Rosberg backed out onto the circuit, a yellow flag came up -- meaning the session was over and Hamilton could not improve on his time. It was an incident that fuelled the growing rivalry between the two runaway leaders in the overall standings, with Hamilton insinuating afterward that he would get revenge. "I have apologized to Lewis for having hindered the opportunity for him to improve his lap time," Rosberg said. "I locked up the rears (tires) and then the fronts at the bumpy downhill part of the track before turn five." Stewards cleared Rosberg of any wrongdoing after studying video and telemetry evidence of his manoeuvre. Its the second pole of the season for Rosberg. Hamilton-- who leads Rosberg by just three points in the overall standings -- has the other four. Given that nine out of the past 10 Monaco GPs have all been won from pole position, Rosberg has a great chance to reclaim the overall lead from Hamilton. Rosberg won from pole position here last year for his maiden win. Rosbergs leading time was one minute 15.989 seconds, with Hamilton clocking 1:16.048 and Red Bulls Daniel Ricciardo was in third at 1:16.384. Four-time defending champion Sebastian Vettel of Germany finished fourth, while Fernando Alonso of Ferrari was fifth. Tension has been building over the last few days, with Hamilton even publicly questioning whether his teammate has enough desire. Although reluctant to discuss the incident in the post-qualifying news conference, Hamilton was later asked if the situation within Mercedes now compares to the internal rift between the late Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost, who had an extremely tense relationship racing against each other for McLaren in the late 1980s. Quizzed by British broadcaster BBC if his relationship with Rosberg was heading the same way, Hamilton responded "essentially" before adding: "I dont know if Senna and Prost sat down and talked it out.dddddddddddd I quite like the way Senna dealt with it, so Im going to take a page out of his book." In 1989 Prost took out Senna late in the Japanese Grand Prix to win the title. At the same circuit a year after, Senna did the same to Prost, then with Ferrari, on the first turn to clinch the championship. Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff played down the incident. "I dont think anybody does that deliberately. He missed his braking and he took the exit. Thats it," Wolff said. "There is no difficulty in managing this situation of the drivers. We have spoken to them in the debrief and it was all OK." Earlier Saturday, however, Mercedes chairman Dieter Zetsche sounded almost prophetic when he said "fierce fighting for the No. 1 position" between Hamilton and Rosberg can only be good for the sport. Hamilton, the 2008 F1 champion, recently questioned his teammates hunger to win at the highest level and referred to what he considered Rosbergs easier upbringing as the son of an F1 driver. "I come from a not-great place in Stevenage and lived on a couch in my dads apartment, and Nico grew up in Monaco with jets and hotels and boats and all these kind of things," Hamilton said Thursday. "If I were to come here believing that Nico is hungrier than me then I might as well go home." Hamilton has won the past four races while Rosberg won the season opener in Australia, where Hamilton retired with engine failure. While Rosberg was smiling at the post-qualifying conference, a stern-faced Hamilton gave short answers when asked what he thought about the incident, saying "not really much" and "I was on target, yeah." Rosberg tried to soothe the situation. "Of course Im sorry for Lewis, I didnt know where he was," Rosberg said. Asked to respond to Rosbergs apology, Hamilton shrugged his shoulders and mumbled: "I dont have an answer to it." Told that it was ironic that Rosbergs mistake had led to the yellow flag and stopped the British driver, Hamilton flatly responded "yeah, its ironic." On the track, the German driver looked jubilant as he stepped out of his Mercedes, with Hamilton standing glum-faced close by. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: megaketoz
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5279 Themen und 5281 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

| FAQ