have to step it up with Irving

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 28.10.2019 09:51
von Cl11234566 • 360 Beiträge

(SportsNetwork.com) - The Boston Bruins will begin another month without captain Zdeno Chara, as they kick off a four-game road trip in Mondays clash against the Anaheim Ducks. Chara has been sidelined since suffering a torn ligament in his left knee on Oct. 23 against the New York Islanders. The star defenseman has resumed skating, but wont join the team for the road trip, which also features stops in Los Angeles, San Jose and Arizona. So far, Boston has fared well during Charas absence, going 10-4-1 in 15 games without their leader. The Bruins are 4-1-1 over their past six games and halted a modest two-game slide by earning Fridays 2-1 win over Winnipeg. Dougie Hamilton scored 3:39 into overtime to help Boston down the visiting Jets and Tuukka Rask made 35 saves for the victory. Late in OT, the Bruins skated in on a 3-on-2 rush with Carl Soderberg leading the charge. He slid a pass to Hamilton trailing the play, and the former first round pick beat Michael Hutchinson high stick-side. I dont know if Ive ever scored an OT goal before, so a pretty good feeling to get the win after the start that we had, Hamilton said. Hamilton also assisted on Milan Lucics fifth goal of the season early in the third period. Soderberg recorded an assist on both markers. In addition to dealing with Charas absence, the Bruins have played four straight and 10 of the past 12 games without top centerman David Krejci, who is sidelined with an undisclosed injury. Krejci also isnt making the trip out West for the Bruins, who are 5-4-0 as the road team this season. With Boston also playing tomorrow against the Kings, backup goaltender Niklas Svedberg could get his seventh start of the season over the next two days. Rask is 1-2-0 with a 3.59 goals against average against the Ducks in his career and 1-1-0 with a 2.20 GAA versus L.A. Svedberg has never faced either team. Anaheim is hoping to get back on track tonight after losing two straight on the heels of a three-game winning streak. The Ducks have yielded 10 goals over the two setbacks, dropping Fridays 4-1 home decision against Chicago before losing the following night in San Jose by a 6-4 score. The Sharks jumped all over the Ducks on Saturday, outshooting Anaheim by a 14-5 margin in the opening period while taking a 3-1 lead. San Jose extended that cushion to 5-1 early in the second before the Ducks began to pick away at the lead. Unfortunately for Anaheim, the bad start doomed the club to a loss as the Ducks were only able to cut the deficit to 5-4 before Matt Nieto sealed San Joses win with an empty-net goal in the final minute of play. We tried to do things right, but we had some bad breaks, Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau said. Then we got mad and showed how we can play. Corey Perry posted two goals and an assist in the loss, while Ryan Getzlaf had a goal and two assists. Matt Beleskey also scored for the Ducks. Frederik Andersen allowed five goals on 19 shots before being pulled over six minutes into the second period. Jason LaBarbera turned aside all 15 shots the rest of the way. Andersen has never faced the Bruins, while LaBarbera suffered an overtime loss in his only career start against Boston. Anaheim owns a 4-1-1 record in the last six meetings with the Bruins. Boston has lost in three of its last four trips to Orange County. Cheap Air Max 97 Black .Y. - The New York Yankees made it official Saturday, announcing the completion of a seven-year deal with free-agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury and a one-year contract for returning starter Hiroki Kuroda. Cheap Air Max 97 White . As the only competitor to try two quads, much less complete them, Kovtun ended the day nearly nine points ahead of Japans Tatsuki Machida, who opened with a clean quad but then stepped out of the triple toe loop that was the second jump in his combination. http://www.airmaxsneakersonsale.com/cheap-air-max-90.html. Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that the team is quietly gauging interest on the Senators captain, though Spezza has a limited no-trade clause and carries a large contract. Cheap Air Max 95 . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted that its believed the Flames are working towards a new contract with the defenceman. Cheap Air Max 97 For Sale . -- The defending Canadian womens curling champions squandered an opportunity to take sole possession of first place in the standings Tuesday at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts.CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irving managed to find a silver lining -- and a sliver of hope for the Cavaliers playoff chances -- while dealing with his latest injury. The All-Star point guard will miss at least two weeks with a strained biceps tendon, but hes hopeful his season is not over. "If you could take a positive from the situation, obviously that would be one, that at this point, I dont have to get surgery, which is tremendous," Irving said following shootaround Tuesday at the Cleveland Clinic Courts. Clevelands leading scorer got hurt Sunday night in a loss against the Los Angeles Clippers. An MRI taken Monday revealed the strain, but not a tear, which would have ended Irvings season. Its still not a certainty hell be back, but the Cavs will rest him for two weeks before making any decisions. With 15 games left, the Cavs enter their home matchup against Miami five games behind Atlanta for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. It was going to be a challenge for the Cavs to make up any ground with Irving, and now without him, theyre in a major bind. The 21-year-old was trying to strip the ball from Clippers forward Blake Griffin when his tendon gave out. "One of those freak plays against a strong individual in Blake," Irving said. "I tried to get the ball out of his hands. I knew something was wrong when I came to the bench. Obviously, I just felt just a weird feeling after that play in my shoulder. My arm looked a little different in the biceps area. Thats when I kknew that I strained it.dddddddddddd" Irving will miss at least eight games. Hes already sat out 41 in three NBA seasons, leading some to label him as injury prone. Its still possible he may need an operation, but Irving is trying to be optimistic. "Well see in two weeks," he said. "Im not going to give a definitive answer because I dont know that answer. At this point, Im just going to continue to support my teammates and be on the sideline. Whatever the medical team needs me to do and whatevers in my best interests, Im going to do." With his best player out, Cavs coach Mike Brown will start Dion Waiters in the backcourt with Jarrett Jack. Cleveland could get back C.J. Miles, who has missed 12 games with a sprained ankle. Waiters has provided a spark off the bench all season, and said hes going start with the same mindset hes had as a reserve. "Just going out there playing my game, let everything come to me," he said. "Dont go out there and try to press and do things I normally dont do. Just play the game and have fun." Waiters says all the Cavs have to step it up with Irving sidelined. "Kyrie is the best player on the team," Waiters said. "But it gives other guys the chance to play and show coach things they can do. Weve got to pick it up. Everybody has to be together and play for each other. Thats the biggest thing losing a huge piece like that. We have to play the game, move the ball and have fun out there." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: nolaiown
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5257 Themen und 5259 Beiträge.

Heute waren 10 Mitglieder Online:
canadacaterme, CharlesThur, dakotanolan96, JastinBieber, kaurlavanya25, ketonestar, ketopills2021, merijaantuha, nolaiown, robincliff

| FAQ