starter Carson Palmer out fo

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 26.10.2019 04:35
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- As soon as Impact manager Frank Klopas was handed his championship medal, he kissed it. In the midst of a tough season in Major League Soccer, Klopas and his Montreal squad were awarded the silverware after defeating Toronto FC 1-0 in the second leg of the Amway Canadian Championship final on Wednesday. Montreal defended its Voyageurs Cup, taking home the trophy for the second consecutive year after winning the two-legged final 2-1 on aggregate. The win is a major victory for a squad sitting at the bottom of the league standings. "You have to seize the moment," said Klopas, who won his first trophy as an MLS coach. "This was one of our goals as a team. When its there in front of you, you cant let opportunities get away. You cant take them for granted." Because the Impact scored a crucial away goal in a 1-1 draw in the first leg of the final at BMO Field on May 28, a scoreless draw in Montreal would have been sufficient for the overall victory. And the game was scoreless heading into stoppage time before Felipes first Canadian championship goal sealed Montreals win. Felipe powered home a decisive strike to the right of TFC goalkeeper Joe Bendik minutes before the final whistle to give the Impact their third Voyageurs Cup in the competitions seven-year history. "When I get on the field, I just want to do my best and do my job and keep doing the job I did today," said the soft-spoken Felipe after the game. As a result, the Impact (2-1-1) advance to the group stage of the CONCACAF Champions League and will represent Canada in the annual club competition featuring 24 teams from North America, Central America and the Caribbean. The Impact join the New York Red Bulls and El Salvadors C.D. FAS in Group 3 of the Champions League, which gets underway in August. "Its important for us to represent Canada well," added the Brazilian-born Felipe. Montreal has now taken back-to-back Canadian championships after Toronto FC lifted the trophy four consecutive years from 2009 to 2012. Montreal won the inaugural event in 2008. Toronto (1-2-1) made it interesting late Wednesday. Needing just one goal to move on, Jonathan Osario came awfully close to the winner in the 83rd minute of play when he skipped past an Impact defender and hit the post to keeper Evan Bushs left. "We just couldnt get that goal," said TFC manager Ryan Nelsen. "Hitting the post really summed it up. We had nice periods of play, controlled the ball for most of the time, but just couldnt get that break that would have won us the tournament." Toronto has otherwise had Montreals number since the tournament launched. TFC are now 7-2-2 all-time against the Impact in the Canadian championship. Nelsens men came out flying from the get-go, putting instant pressure on Bush. Benefiting from winger Alvaro Reys good speed down the touchline, Toronto got several good crosses into the box in the games first 30 minutes. Star striker Jermain Defoe had a volley blocked in the fourth minute of play, and skied a free kick from an advanced position in the sixth. In the 26th, a rocket by midfielder Kyle Bekker missed the net just wide. "I played a very young team over two legs that deserved to win," said Nelsen, whose team is sixth in the league with 16 points from 10 games. "Imagine whats going to happen next year when they start to mature. This is great experience for those guys. They played against Montreals top team. Next year well be even better." The tide turned in Montreals favour at the half-hour mark, with the Impact seemingly gaining confidence from a Jack McInerney header off a corner that missed just over the bar. From there, the Impact came close to opening the score on many occasions. Two left-footed volleys from Marco Di Vaio went wide, and a Hernan Bernardello free kick forced a good save from Bendik, who sprawled to his left to stop the shot in the 43rd minute. It was Montreals only attempt on target in the first half. In the end, the clean sheet was the Impacts second in as many games. Montreal has not conceded a goal in the Canadian championship at Saputo Stadium since joining Major League Soccer three years ago. "I knew it was going to be a close game," said Klopas of the second leg. "With the quality players (Toronto) have in the final third, we just had to make sure we defended really well. Sometimes things are just meant to be." Montreal will look to build on the victory when the team returns to MLS action on June 11. With just two wins from 12 league games, the Impact are last in the Eastern Conference. "Regardless of how we started the season, things take time," said Klopas. "My group never lost faith. We stuck together as a team. Winning some games has made us even stronger." Last season, the Impact finished last in their CONCACAF group. In 2008-09, the team reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League, losing 5-4 on aggregate to Mexicos Santos Laguna. Toronto FC were also beaten by Santos in the semifinals of the tournaments 2011-12 edition. "I want to wish Montreal the best in the next leg representing Canada," said Nelsen. "I hope they do really well." Notes: Acquired on Monday by Montreal, Mamadou Danso was ineligible to play in the final. a Toronto heads back to BMO Field for an MLS game with the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday. Cheap Jerseys From China . Burris threw for 247 yards in one half of a game -- on pace for a nearly 500-yard outing -- as the Redblacks downed the woeful Montreal Alouettes 26-10 in CFL pre-season play Friday night at Percival Molson Stadium. China Jerseys Wholesale . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. https://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/. The Oilers jumped into the free agent market early by signing defencemen Keith Aulie (six-foot-six, 228 pounds) and Mark Fayne (6-3, 210 pounds) and left-winger Benoit Pouliot (6-3, 197-pounds). Two days earlier MacTavish traded lightweight forward Sam Gagner to Tampa Bay for 6-3, 203-pound right winger Ted Purcell. Fake China Jerseys . Louis and Ryan Kesler have demanded to be traded. China Jerseys Cheap . -- DeMarcus Cousins had 25 points and 16 rebounds to help the Sacramento Kings snap a seven-game losing streak by defeating the Chicago Bulls 99-70 on Monday night.GLENDALE, Ariz. - The way they are playing, the Seattle Seahawks could well be back in Arizona in a month or so.The Super Bowl will be played in the same stadium where the Seahawks dominated the Cardinals 35-6 on Sunday night.I had a freaking blast tonight, Seattle coach Pete Carroll said.Seattle won its fifth in a row with a record-breaking offensive performance and a stifling defensive effort.Our offensive line did a great job and it gave me time to make the throws and make the plays. Guys caught the ball extremely well tonight. They kept playing football for me, quarterback Russell Wilson said. The effort was so high and then you think about the defence. The defence was lights out and the plays they were able to make, the short field they were able to give us, it was a complete team effort.Wilson threw for two touchdowns and ran for another and Marshawn Lynch ran for two scores, one of them a tackle-breaking 79-yard run that helped turn the game into a blowout in the fourth quarter. The Seahawks amassed a franchise record 596 yards.We have been playing so well all year and to have that performance tonight, its embarrassing, Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson said.The victory moved Seattle (11-4) into a tie with Arizona (11-4) atop the NFC West, with the Seahawks holding the tiebreaker because they beat the Cardinals twice.If Seattle wins at home against St. Louis next weekend, the Seahawks will clinch the No. 1 seed in the NFC and play at home throughout the playoffs — until that Super Bowl trip to Arizona.The attitude that were playing with, it gives us a chance to really have high hopes going into that last game, Carroll said.The Cardinals still have hopes for the division title, but the Seahawks would have to lose to the Rams while Arizona won at San Francisco.We need a little help but were in there, Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote said.Here are things to note in Seattles one-sided victory in Arizona:WILSON TO WILLSON: Both of Wilsons touchdown passes went to tight end Luke Willson. The first was a gorgeous long one into Willsons fingertips in an 80-yard play that matched the longest of Wilsons career.Im a tight end, but I always take a lot of pride when Im in the open field not getting caught, Willson said. One of those guys kindd of got to my ankles there, that wouldve been a little embarrassing.dddddddddddd. I was pretty happy with the way it ended up.Wilson also had a 55-yard run that was the longest of his career.LYNCH THE SHOWMAN: Marshawn Lynch had a remarkable 79-yard touchdown run that featured him running over a couple of would-be tacklers and breaking away from a couple of others.If you love football, its got to be one of the best runs of all time, Wilson said. Hes had one before I believe, in Seahawks history, so to watch that one was pretty cool.When he made it to the end zone, Lynch spun around in mid-air and briefly grabbed his crotch. The display didnt bother veteran Arizona linebacker Larry Foote.They can do whatever they want when theyre winning, Foote said. Its our job to stop them from getting in the end zone. He did a good job of getting in there.Of course, Lynch wasnt saying much of anything.When asked about the run, he said, Thanks for asking.He said the same thing to every other question.Lynch sat out the first quarter with an upset stomach.WHAT Defence?: The Cardinals had counted on their defence to keep this a low-scoring game, but the Seahawks ripped off big play after big play. The 591 yards were the most Arizona has allowed this season.The 29-point difference was the largest in Arians two seasons in Arizona.Thats humbling especially how well we played them the first time up in their place, To do that in prime time, that is not good.LINDLEYS STRUGGLES: With starter Carson Palmer out for the season and backup Drew Stanton sidelined with a sprained knee, the Cardinals turned to Ryan Lindley, who struggled mightily against the leagues No. 1-ranked defence.I think there were certain things that we did that we didnt take full advantage of what we thought we could schematically do against them. Thats a lot on me, Lindley said.Lindley completed 18 of 44 passes for 216 yards with one interception.He already held the NFL record for most passes without a touchdown. Now that number has grown to 225.LOSING AT HOME: The Cardinals lost at home for the first time in eight games this season. They are 13-3 at home since Arians became coach. Two of those losses were to Seattle.___=AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fireliwo
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5273 Themen und 5275 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

| FAQ