Zack Putnam escaped both

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 23.10.2019 03:34
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Boston Red Sox right-hander Ryan Dempster plans to take this season off, a decision that surprised teammates and will cost the 16-year veteran $13.25 million in salary. Dempster said Sunday he is stepping away for physical reasons and to spend more time with his family. But he left a slight opening to play in 2015. "I had an incredible run, a chance to play 16 years in the major leagues and be around a lot of great teammates, made a lot of good friendships, great friendships," Dempster said one day before the first formal spring training workout for pitchers and catchers. "Im totally comfortable with it. Im at peace with my decision." Dempster, whose contract expires after this season, finished his only year with the Red Sox with an 8-9 record and a 4.57 ERA and didnt get a start during their post-season run to a World Series title. "The past few years have been tougher and tougher," he said. "As you get older, going through some things, some issues I have with my neck that have made it harder and harder to throw a baseball and throw it like Im accustomed to throw it" contributed to his decision. And, he said, "Ive got three amazing children that I want to watch grow up and be around." The Red Sox still have a solid veteran rotation with Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, John Lackey, Jake Peavy and Felix Doubront, and several promising young starters. If theyre seeking a veteran to add depth, they could consider right-handed free agents Ervin Santana and Ubaldo Jimenez. "I like the staff that we have," manager John Farrell said. Several teammates watched as Dempster made his announcement, including Lester, Buchholz, Lackey, Peavy, first baseman Mike Napoli, second baseman Dustin Pedroia, catcher David Ross and reliever Andrew Miller. "Everybody wants to soak in their last moments of being around him," Miller said. "Hes a great guy. He left quite his mark and will be remembered fondly around here." The decision, Miller said, "was a shock to everybody." Dempster said he spoke with the club a few weeks ago about taking the season off. And what about 2015? "I dont know yet," he said. "If something changes then, obviously, something changes, but I dont see that changing." Dempster pitched with the Florida Marlins, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago Cubs, Texas Rangers and Red Sox. He is 132-133 with a 4.35 ERA and made the All-Star team in 2008 when he went 17-6 with a 2.96 ERA with the Cubs. He was Chicagos closer from 2005-07, totalling 85 saves. He began the 2012 season with the Cubs then went to the Rangers at the trade deadline. Boston signed Dempster to a $26.5 million, two-year deal before last season. He will lose half that amount by sitting out this year. "The money was not that much of a difficult decision," he said, but "Im a little sad that I wont be around" his teammates as they try to defend their championship. "There arent too many people who could say that the time is right to walk away from a game that I love, thats treated me so well," Red Sox reliever Craig Breslow said, "and particularly when theres a pretty sizeable amount of money thats being left on the table." General manager Ben Cherington said Dempster told him of the decision about 10 days ago. "It came out of left field," Cherington said. Players didnt find out until Sunday. "At first I didnt really know what to say. It caught me off guard," Napoli said. "Thats how everyone wants to go out, on their own terms." Dempster was praised for his upbeat personality that helped the Red Sox recover from a collapse at the end of the 2012 season and transform the clubhouse into a positive place. Farrell also admired the way he accepted his demotion from the rotation for the post-season. "A consummate team player," Farrell said. While Dempster struggled at times on the field last year, he kept the clubhouse loose. "His comedic value will be sorely missed," Miller said. Dempster pitched just one inning in the World Series, a scoreless ninth in Bostons 8-1 win over St. Louis in Game 1. He ended it by striking out Matt Adams. "If this is the end, then this is the end, and what a great way to go out," Dempster said. Notes: The Red Sox signed right-hander Francisco Cordero to a minor-league contract with an invitation to the major-league camp. A closer for most of his career, he didnt pitch last year after struggling in 2012. In 14 seasons with six teams, he is 47-53 with a 3.38 ERA and 329 saves. ... Miller and the Red Sox agreed to a one-year contract worth $1,903,125, avoiding arbitration. Miller had asked for $2.15 million and had been offered $1.55 million. He made $1,475,000 last year. Boston has no remaining players in arbitration. Los Angeles Lakers Gear . As deep as their roster is, they need their superstar. Rose scored 23 points in his return from a five-game absence due to back pain, and Chicago hung on to beat the struggling Atlanta Hawks 90-79 on Monday. Fake Lakers Jerseys . Both of Padakins goals came in the second period while Zane Jones added a single in the first period for Calgary (13-6-4). Hitmen goaltender Chris Driedger finished with 30 saves for the shutout. https://www.lakersjerseycheap.com/. Four years after winning gold on home ice in Vancouver, the Canadians will get a chance to make it two in a row Sunday against Sweden after beating the United States 1-0 in the Olympic semifinals Friday at Bolshoy Ice Dome. Stitched Lakers Jerseys . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday. Custom Los Angeles Lakers Jerseys . The photograph shows Parker and a French comedian making a gesture known in France as a "quenelle," which critics describe as inverted Nazi salute. Parker said in a statement released through the Spurs that the photograph was taken three years ago. Parker, who was born in Belgium but raised in France, said he didnt know at the time that "it could be in any way offensive or harmful.LOS ANGELES, Calif. - After 19 consecutive starts without a victory, Hector Noesi finally got one against the struggling Los Angeles Dodgers. And his teammates were just as happy as he was to see the drought end. Jose Abreu homered for the second straight game after coming off the disabled list, and Tyler Flowers also went deep to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 4-1 victory on Tuesday night. "It was good for Hector to get that off his back, and hopefully it just keeps going for him," manager Robin Ventura said. "Youre happy for him with everything hes been through this year — being on a bunch of teams. And pitching the way he did tonight was a little icing on the cake. For him to go through a lineup like that was impressive." Noesi (1-3) won as a starter for the first time since May 6, 2012 with Seattle, after going 0-12 with a 5.42 ERA. The 27-year-old right-hander allowed a run and five hits over six innings with six strikeouts. Noesi walked three of his first nine batters, but all the Dodgers could get out of it was a sacrifice fly in the second inning by Dee Gordon. "He was effectively wild and didnt really give us much to hit," Los Angeles catcher Drew Butera said. "He had a really good changeup, which is his pitch, and he threw it in fastball counts. When we were sitting on the fastball, he didnt really give us the same look on any one fastball." Former Dodgers reliever Ronald Belisario pitched a perfect ninth for his fourth save. "I think tonight he was a little fired up and had some adrenaline going," Ventura said. "Thats what happens anytime a guy goes back and sees his former team." Dan Haren (5-4) gave up four runs on six hits through six innings. Abreu put the right-hander in a 2-0 hole right away with his team-high 17th homer, driving an 0-1 pitch into the lower seats in the left field corner after Gordon Beckham doubled off the top of the fence in left. On Monday, Abreu came off the disabled list and opened the scoring with a two-run shot against Clayton Kershaw before the Dodgers rallied. Abreu is this years Cuban rookie sensation. Yasiel Puig was last years, and hes been even better so far this season — even if he is still sometimes a bit unpredictable.dddddddddddd The right fielder was tardy for an earlier-than-usual pregame workout with his teammates. Unlike opening day, when manager Don Mattingly scratched him from the lineup for being late for batting practice, Puig remained in the third spot in the order and doubled his first time up. He went 2 for 4 with a double for the Dodgers on the one-year anniversary of his major league debut. Haren, who has walked no more than two batters in 11 of his 12 starts, issued a leadoff walk to Adam Eaton and Abreu drove him in with a fielders choice grounder for Chicagos second run. Flowers increased the margin to 3-1 in the fourth with his 27th big league homer — and his first to the opposite field. "We know hes got a few different weapons," Flowers said. "And even though he doesnt throw overly hard, he changes speeds well and can make the ball move in every direction. So you kind of pick a half of the plate and stick with that. " The defending NL West champions put two men on base with two out in the seventh and eighth innings, but Zack Putnam escaped both threats by retiring Adrian Gonzalez and Dee Gordon on flyballs to centre field. "Were struggling to put a few wins together, but were not down. Were still optimistic," Butera said. NOTES: On the eve of the Los Angeles Kings showdown with the New York Rangers in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals, former Dodger 3B Ron Cey said he would be rooting against the Rangers because they eliminated the Pittsburgh Penguins in the first round. Ceys nickname has always been "The Penguin" because of the way he ran the bases. ... Puig was named NL Player of the Month for May, after batting .398 with eight homers and 25 RBIs in 28 games. His 43 hits tied Willie Davis L.A. Dodger record for that month. Puig received the same honour last June. ... White Sox LF Adam Dunn started in the cleanup spot, despite the fact that he came in 2 for 18 lifetime against Haren with eight strikeouts. Ventura gave Dunn the night off on Monday against Kershaw, even though he was 8 for 13 with four home runs against the two-time Cy Young Award winner. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: hiliumketo
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5235 Themen und 5237 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
dilparseaiho, hiliumketo

| FAQ