WAY OFF FORM Wainwright entered

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 10.10.2019 03:31
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - I really do try my best not to hate anyone, seeing as how that word can be thrown around rather easily, which is why it was so tough watching the Florida State-Louisville game on Thursday night. Granted, I try to remain impartial when I dont have a dog in a particular fight, and last night was no different. But it was still an emotional roller coaster due to the fact that both teams had someone on the sidelines, or in the game, that represents all that is wrong with college sports. On one hand, I was thrilled to see the mighty Seminoles fall behind by three touchdowns in the second quarter as Jameis Winston tossed three interceptions, but at the same time I was somehow rooting for a man who has done just as much damage to the integrity of sports as anyone else in Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino. With every mistake and lost opportunity, I was shown Winston getting in the face of teammates and pleading his case with his coaching staff. I couldnt be happier to see the reigning Heisman Trophy winner being knocked off his pedestal. Maybe, just maybe, with their first loss in two seasons the Seminoles would then take more seriously the behavior of their star quarterback and perhaps begin treating him in a manner that every other student-athlete should. Was I cheering on behalf of Petrino so that Winston could get his comeuppance? I cant say that I was, because if the Cardinals were playing any other opponent I would be quietly pleading for the coach to get his head handed to him. Here is a man who took a job in the NFL and then walked out on his team late in the season when he realized a 3-10 record wasnt cutting it, particularly for someone who signed a five-year, $24 million contract. The coach resigned and left laminated notes on the lockers of his players instead of facing them in person, reminiscent of how the Baltimore Colts loaded up trucks and escaped to Indianapolis under the cover of night. Petrino bolted from the Atlanta Falcons to take over at Arkansas where he proceeded to bring about a scandal over an ill-fated motorcycle ride that involved a former Arkansas volleyball player-turned student-athlete development coordinator for the football program. I still cant get the image of him in a neck brace, with cuts and scrapes on his face out of my mind. Petrino then latched on with Western Kentucky in late 2012, signing a four- year contract, but you better believe he didnt stick around to fulfill his responsibilities there. After just one year, with Louisville head coach Charlie Strong taking the job with the Texas Longhorns, Petrino returned to his old stomping grounds. This guy has nine lives and been given more than his fair share of second chances, and yet I was somehow rooting for his team to knock off the second- ranked program in the country because Petrino seemed to be the lesser of two evils in my book. Winston threw three picks in four possessions between the second and third quarters as the Seminoles dealt with a massive deficit. I was rooting more against the FSU signal caller than I was for the Cardinals, kind of like wanting Michael Jordan to have a game for the ages against my Philadelphia 76ers, but still having the team overcome the man in the end. Trailing 21-0 in the second frame, I was already trying to figure out how the college playoffs would transform after this week, but I was clearly jumping the gun. Florida State was not going to go away quietly, and Winston was the reason the Noles still held out hope. The quarterback engineered one scoring drive after another and what had been a three-touchdown deficit eventually turned into a double-digit advantage and yet another win for a despised FSU program. That despised thing probably has as much to do with my disdain for Winston and all of his antics, as it does for wanting to see a favorite bite the dust, but you have to give the Noles credit for coming up big yet again. I cant say enough about our players, and assistant coaches, FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher said after the game. They did a great job of making adjustments at halftime, and along the game. I thought the defense made some outstanding plays and some amazing adjustments. The turnovers put the defense in a bad situation but Im very proud of the way they played. If nothing else, while Florida State might be destined for another national title, I can cheer a little bit for the fact that, unless something drastic happens to the other contenders and he is able to rally in these last few regular season games, Winston will not be bringing home another Heisman Trophy this year. I look at Winstons stat line, the one that shows 401 passing yards and three touchdowns, but still my focus is on his two sacks and three interceptions and I enjoy a bit of a diabolical laugh under my breath. Yet it still pains me to know that he is one of the top players in the country, along with being one of the most immature. I begrudgingly give him credit for turning the game around and understanding that he hurt the team as much as he helped. Obviously I have to lay low on the turnovers thats what really killed us, Winston noted. Overall our offense had an amazing game. Running game was great and so was the passing game. Turnovers hurt us and I cant turn the ball over. I just wish the game could have played to a tie, then I wouldnt feel so disappointed this Friday morning. Adidas Prophere Baratas . Pedroia reached the milestone with a little panache, hitting a grand slam in the sixth inning and propelling the Boston Red Sox to a 7-1 win over the Oakland Athletics on Friday night. Adidas Continental 80 Baratas .com) - The Eastern Conferences best team takes on one of its worst Tuesday night when the Atlanta Hawks pay a visit to the Wells Fargo Center to take on the Philadelphia 76ers. http://www.baratasnmd.com/. Virtanen opened the scoring at 6:45 of the first period, then gave Canada a two-goal lead with a power-play goal 1:03 into the second. Sweden cut the lead in half when Daniel Muzito Bagenda scored a power-play goal at 10:57 of the second. Adidas NMD R1 Mujer Baratas . Ronaldo failed to connect on an ample number of opportunities at Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. But Karim Benzema and Jese Rodriguez scored in each half for Madrid to come out of the first leg with the firm advantage. Adidas Ozweego Baratas . Then Klay Thompson put his foot on the gas. Thompson scored 19 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter and Harrison Barnes scored 14 points in his season debut to help the Golden State Warriors to a 106-93 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night. ST. LOUIS -- Aramis Ramirez knows hes not supposed to have success like this against Adam Wainwright. "I dont have an explanation for it," the Milwaukee Brewers cleanup man said after setting the tone with a home run and RBI double off the St. Louis Cardinals ace in a 7-4 victory Friday night. "Hes been one of the best pitchers in the game for a while. "I dont know, for some reason I get good swings and good pitches to hit." Ramirez has three homers, eight doubles and eight RBIs to go with a .415 average against Wainwright, the best in the majors against the right-hander. The homer was the first Wainwright has ever allowed on a 3-0 count. "After the fact I probably should have been ready for it," Wainwright said. "He had no reason not to (swing) right there." Wily Peralta won his 13th game to tie for the National League lead and Jonathan Lucroys bases-clearing double chased Wainwright (13-6) in a four-run sixth inning that put Milwaukee up by six. The NL Central leaders are three games ahead of the Cardinals. "Whenever youre down in the zone with 95 mph sinkers and throwing offspeed early in the count for strikes, its tough for the opposing team," Lucroy said. Matt Carpenter had two hits and three RBIs and Matt Holliday homered for St. Louis, which has lost three of four. Peralta, Wainwright and the Dodgers Clayton Kershaw all have 13 wins. Last year, the 25-year-old Peralta was 11-15 with a 4.37 ERA in his first full season in the majors. Peralta (13-6) allowed two runs and five hits in 6 2-3 innings to win his fourth straight start. Hes given up two or fewer runs in all of them, a stretch that began with seven innings of three-hit ball and no earned runs at home against the Cardinals on July 13. Ramirez hit his 13th homer leading off the second, made it 2-0 with an RBI double in the third and had an infield hit in the fifth. Francisco Rodriguez got the final out for his 32nnd save in 36 chances.dddddddddddd ON DECK Brewers: Kyle Lohse (11-5, 3.07) and Matt Garza (7-7, 3.74) are both being moved up a day to counter the Cardinals slotting their two new acquisitions, Justin Masterson (4-6, 5.51) and John Lackey (11-7, 3.60) on Saturday and Sunday. The Brewers scheduled Saturday starter, Jimmy Nelson, was scratched due to a blister. Cardinals: Masterson, acquired from the Indians for prospect James Ramsey, was activated from the 15-day disabled list from right knee inflammation that sidelined him July 8. TRAINERS ROOM Brewers: Second baseman Scooter Gennett was a lineup scratch with a bruised left index finger sustained bunting in early batting practice. Hes day to day. Left fielder Khris Davis was taken out due to left calf tightness in the seventh and was replaced by Gerardo Parra. Cardinals: Lance Lynn gets two extra days rest after getting bumped by Lackey on Sunday. "Weve worked him pretty hard," manager Mike Matheny said. "I dont think its going to hurt him." WAY OFF FORM Wainwright entered among the NL leaders with a 1.92 ERA and had pitched at least seven innings in eight of his previous nine starts. He has allowed seven runs twice this season, both at home, lasting just 4 1-3 innings in a loss to the Giants on May 30. TEMPER TEMPER After removing Wainwright in the sixth, Matheny was ejected for continuing to argue about an appeal that was denied. Jean Segura waited for Elian Herreras bloop hit to drop in shallow centre and barely beat a throw for a force attempt. The safe call was upheld and Matheny was still hot after the game. "I think weve gotten to the point now where weve taken a lot of emotion out of the game and you cant even say anything to these guys without getting tossed out of the game," Matheny said. "I dont think that was the intention of this. "Weve got to be able to go out and fight for our guys." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: nisheow
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5289 Themen und 5291 Beiträge.

Heute waren 9 Mitglieder Online:
AndroThur, clubswancryptoto, Franodes, jannnymata6, jhonbine, nisheow, primafreshiapill, primalunit, vitalgamera

| FAQ