Tobago in the opening match

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 05.10.2019 08:01
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Jake Peavy arrived at Bostons spring training complex on Monday with a large white bandage covering his left index finger, the result of a weekend accident. The right-hander, scratched from his scheduled spring training debut Monday against Pittsburgh in Bradenton, said he was hurt Saturday. "Just getting ready to go fishing," he said. "I promised my little boy I would take him fishing, so we went to Bass Pro and we bought us some rods and reels that were comboed. Peavy said he was "trying to cut the wire tie that was holding them together, using the knife with my right hand and holding the rod with my left, and when I broke the wire tie, it struck the knuckle pretty good." Since Peavy didnt want to disappoint his son they drove to teammate John Lackeys house. But while pulling the knife out of his hand, Peavy said he struck a vein and got a good amount of blood on his shorts. Peavy said he threw away the shorts at Lackeys house and changed. Lackey told Peavy he should get the wound examined. Peavy then went fishing and didnt catch anything. "I couldnt tell my 5-year-old I didnt want to go fishing anymore," Peavy said. "It was his last day here. I couldnt say, Well go tomorrow. It wasnt the biggest deal in the world. Not much we could have done except -- the biggest thing was, they were freaking out, thinking I was cleaning fish with the knife." The 32-year-old Peavy, acquired by Boston last summer, was 4-1 with a 4.04 ERA in 10 starts for the Red Sox last season and 0-1 with a 7.10 ERA in three post-season starts. He received several stitches Sunday to close the gash. "Its a bummer. I didnt think it was that crazy bad to the point I didnt seek medical attention. That day we wrapped it up and went fishing. I came in here yesterday and realized we needed to have it stitched up and we would have to take some precautionary measures. You just dont want to risk infection. I could go out and play today if it was a must, but you cant risk infection and let it sweat. And me not getting it tended to right off the bat, you just dont want to get it infected and thats the reason were going to hold off a day or two." Red Sox manager John Farrell said on Sunday that Peavy will not throw for three days. "I dont think its going to be long at all," Peavy said. "I would like to get out, play some catch and do some stuff tomorrow. The biggest thing is theyre not going to let me sweat until the healing process takes over. I believe Im going to play catch and I would love to tell you Im going to make my next start. Thats certainly what Im aiming for and hopefully we can do that and get back on schedule and it doesnt mess things up too much." Peavy is behind because of irritation in his right ring finger stemming from when he was hit by a ball while shagging flies early in spring training. Farrell said Peavys timetable to start the season may not be affected if he can get back to his throwing program soon. Peavy could be fitted with padding in his glove. "Thats going to be the kicker," Peavy said. "Its on a knuckle. Well figure it out. Get a bigger glove or something. Im sure theyll wrap it up and get it to the point where Ill watch it all the way, like I tell my boys, and make sure the ball goes into the pocket of glove." And at least the injury isnt to his pitching hand. "Weve all done something like that at some point in our lives," he said. "It was a huge bummer, but so blessed it was my left hand. A bummer to miss a start and get off schedule a little." Frank Robinson Jersey . Bryce Harper? He also came into Wednesday without a long ball and hadnt driven in a run. He was hitting .160, had nearly three times as many strikeouts as hits and was dropped to seventh in the batting order. Wander Suero Jersey . Sijsling, ranked 74th in the world, was leading 6-0, 4-1 when his Italian opponent called it quits after just 39 minutes on court. In a match pitting together two qualifiers, Michal Przysiezny of Poland defeated local favourite Pierre-Hugues Herbert 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (4) for only his second Tour win of the season. https://www.cheapnationals.com/1617r-how...-nationals.html. Her return engagement begins tonight as TSN presents Day 1 coverage of the 2015 event from Melbourne. Watch Eugenie Bouchards opening round match at the Australian Open live tonight on TSN5 at 3am et/Midnight pt. Ryan Zimmerman Nationals Jersey . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. Wholesale Nationals Jerseys . Adam LaRoche will take that. "I like our position in the standings and I like how our team is playing," LaRoche said after Washington swept a day-night doubleheader from the Cubs on Saturday.WASHINGTON - The U.S womens soccer team is winning in a no-win situation. Of course, the Americans should beat Haiti by a bunch of goals. And, of course, the Haitians are going to park themselves in front of their own net to keep the score as respectable as possible.But the games must take place, part of the mandated ritual to qualify for next summers World Cup. The United States completed Part I on Monday night with a predictable 6-0 win over underfunded, awe-struck Haiti to finish unbeaten — and unscored upon — in group play in the CONCACAF championship.Often times, after tournaments like this, you might want to put these videos in a box and send them off, said Abby Wambach, who scored twice, because this is not indicative of the team that we are.Wambach increased her world-record tally to 173 international goals. Carli Lloyd, Meghan Klingenberg, Christen Press and Morgan Brian also scored for the Americans, who advanced to the semifinals to be played Friday at the Philadelphia Unions stadium in Chester, Pennsylvania. The top three teams qualify for next years World Cup in Canada, while the fourth-place team will face Ecuador in a playoff.The Americans are the overwhelming favourite to win the tournament, facing mostly small countries where womens soccer is a low priority. Canada, the other North American powerhouse, isnt participating because it automatically qualifies for the World Cup as the host nation.As soon as we figure out how to play against some of these teams that are going to sit back and bunker against us, the tournament will be over, Wambach said. It doesnt even look pretty.The loss eliminated Haiti, which put together a valiant qualifying effort while training in months-long spurts in Indiana. The Haitians are 0-4 overall against the U.S., having lost 10-0 in 1991, 8-0 in 2004 and 5-00 in 2010.ddddddddddddWere amateur part-timers competing against full-time pros, Haiti coach Shek Borkowski said.And, as if finding quality talent wasnt challenging enough, Borkowski found his players unprepared for the big stage after their humble preparation.Coming here and staying in good hotels and flying everywhere, for them it was just like a big Christmas party, Borkowski said. We lack that professional approach to tournaments such as this.The talent gap in the tournament is such that there was considerable concern when the U.S. managed only a 1-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago in the opening match. That was followed by a more comfortable 5-0 rout of Guatemala. In each game — and again on Monday — the Americans controlled the action against an underdog that packed the box and hoped to somehow score on a counterattack.The U.S. outshot the Haitians 20-1, including 12-0 in shots on goal. Ashlyn Harris, getting a rare start in place of Hope Solo, got the shutout without having to make a save — just as Solo did against Guatemala.The biggest hiccup along the way has been the sprained ankle for forward Alex Morgan against Guatemala, ruling her out for the rest of the tournament.World powers such as Japan or Germany will give the U.S. plenty of stiff competition next summer. Meanwhile, its best games might come when the Americans starters play the American reserves. In fact, both teams could probably qualify for the World Cup.In practice, when we play 11-a-side, its two of the very best teams in the world going at each other for 90 minutes, Wambach said. Its actually really fun soccer to watch. And so from a spectator point of view, I feel bad (about the games in this tournament) because I want people to enjoy what they see.___Follow Joseph White on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: livilnie
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5208 Themen und 5210 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

| FAQ