. Its up to us to play like we can.

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 30.09.2019 10:03
von jinshuiqian0713 • 955 Beiträge

EDMONTON -- It seems Edmonton Oilers owner Daryl Katz is throwing in the towel, on this season at least. In a letter to Oilers fans posted on the NHL teams website, Katz says its very likely the club will miss the Stanley Cup playoffs for an eighth straight season. Katzs statement comes with Edmonton still having more than 30 regular-season games yet to play. However, Edmonton (15-30-6) certainly faces an uphill battle in its quest to return to playoff contention. The Oilers are last in the Western Conference standings, 23 points behind Minnesota (27-19-5) and Vancouver (25-16-9), who are both tied for seventh. "I know this will almost certainly be the eighth consecutive year since we made the playoffs," Katz wrote. " I hate that fact as much as anyone, but the reality is that this is only year four of the rebuild that started when we drafted Taylor Hall. "The good news, if you can call it that, is that other teams that committed to fundamental rebuilds went through the same kind of droughts over the same kind of time frames, or longer. That doesnt make it fun for anyone; it just means we have to stay the course." The Oilers struggles have prompted suggestions the team needs to make a big trade but Katz said the franchise isnt interested in mortgaging its future with a reactionary move. "But I can also tell you that we are not going to sacrifice the future by doing something short-term," he said. "Those days are over and theyre not coming back. "If were going to rebuild, we want to do it right and we only want to do it once." Katz also defended Kevin Lowe, the former Oilers standout defenceman who has steadily risen through the ranks of the organization despite the team not making the playoffs since reaching the Stanley Cup final in 2005-06. In the space of the last 15 years, Lowe has moved from assistant coach to head coach to general manager and is now the clubs president of hockey operations. "Kevin is a big part of our organization, and its not just the Oilers that value his knowledge and perspective," Katz said. "He is consistently chosen, year after year, to play a leadership role with Hockey Canada. "But when it comes down to it, this is Craig MacTavishs team. He is the GM. He makes the calls, and he is accountable for building a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup -- year in and year out for years to come. Thats our vision. We are committed to it -- and were confident that we are on the right track." And Katz asked Oilers fans to remain patient with the hockey club. "Our fans have been incredibly patient and supportive," he said. "At the same time, we know theres a lot of frustration and we are asking you to hang in there while we fight through this and put the next few pieces of the team in place. "Ill tell you this, despite everything, we all wear our Oilers colours with the same pride now as we ever have, and as we will when were back on top. We hope youll do the same. " Daryl Katzs message to fans To Oilers Fans Everywhere: We all thought this was going to be the year the Oilers turned the corner. Obviously, that hasnt happened, and it hurts. Its frustrating – for all of us. For our fans, for our players and staff, and for everyone in our community who shares a common bond around a game, a team and a city that we love. I know this will almost certainly be the eighth consecutive year since we made the playoffs. I hate that fact as much as anyone, but the reality is that this is only year four of the rebuild that started when we drafted Taylor Hall. The good news, if you can call it that, is that other teams that committed to fundamental rebuilds went through the same kind of droughts over the same kind of time frames, or longer. That doesnt make it fun for anyone; it just means we have to stay the course. Yes, we hoped and expected to be better this year – theres no question about that. But weve also been more active than any team I can think of in rebuilding our organization from bottom to top by supporting player development in OKC and Bakersfield, revamping our scouting organization, naming a new GM and a new coach, signing free agents like Justin Schultz, Boyd Gordon, Andrew Ference, Anton Belov and Ilya Bryzgalov, and trading for players like David Perron, and now Ben Scrivens and Matt Hendricks. And were not done. But I can also tell you that we are not going to sacrifice the future by doing something short-term. Those days are over and theyre not coming back. If were going to rebuild, we want to do it right and we only want to do it once. I hear a lot from fans about accountability, so lets be clear. We are all accountable. That includes me, Kevin, Craig, Dallas, every player who wears our jersey, and every member of our staff. I know Kevin is the target of a lot of personal attacks right now, and thats really unfortunate. Kevin is a big part of our organization, and its not just the Oilers that value his knowledge and perspective. He is consistently chosen, year after year, to play a leadership role with Hockey Canada. But when it comes down to it, this is Craig MacTavishs team. He is the GM. He makes the calls, and he is accountable for building a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup -- year in and year out for years to come. Thats our vision. We are committed to it -- and were confident that we are on the right track. Our fans have been incredibly patient and supportive. At the same time, we know theres a lot of frustration and we are asking you to hang in there while we fight through this and put the next few pieces of the team in place. Ill tell you this, despite everything, we all wear our Oilers colours with the same pride now as we ever have, and as we will when were back on top. We hope youll do the same. We value our fans, we hear you, and we appreciate your support. Daryl Katz Wholesale Football Jerseys . Ben Street scored twice for the Heat (17-5-1), who won their fourth game in a row and 13th in their last 14 outings. Brett Bulmer scored the lone goal for the Wild (6-11-0), who dropped their sixth straight contest. Wholesale Football Jerseys China . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. https://www.fakefootballjerseys.com/. The Toronto Maple Leafs forward and Nashville Predators goaltender highlighted Mondays waiver transactions, with Calgarys Chuck Kobasew and Edmontons Philip Larsen also being placed on waivers. Football Jerseys China . -- The Chicago Bears have agreed to a one-year contract with cornerback Kelvin Hayden. Knockoff Football Jerseys .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at LeBron James and the Miami Heat winning their second straight NBA championship.VANCOUVER -- After a frustrating season which saw his team miss the playoffs, Vancouver head coach John Tortorella was rather blunt Monday in his assessment of what the Canucks must change if they hope to return to the NHLs elite. While Tortorella took some of the blame, he also didnt pull any punches. He said the Canucks are getting old, the core group has become complacent and the team needs to get younger. "I felt from day one that its stale," said Tortorella. "Thats not their fault. This is a group that has been together for a long time. "It needs youth. It needs a change. The team needs to be retooled. Its a young mans game. Its certainly not a criticism of (the veterans). We need to surround them with some enthusiasm." After a promising start under Tortorella, the Canucks finished the year with a 36-35-11 record for 83 points. Vancouver managed just 13 wins in 41 games since Jan. 1 and settled for a 25th-place finish in the overall standings. The poor showing has already cost Mike Gillis his job as president and general manager. New president Trevor Linden -- the Canucks former captain -- still must decide Tortorellas fate. The two were scheduled to meet later Monday. Centre Ryan Kesler, who was the subject of trade rumours this year, said the players have to take responsibility for the season. "Were all flabbergasted right now," said Kesler, who led Vancouver with 25 goals. "Going into this year I would never think we would be sitting here in this situation." The Canucks ended their season with a 5-1 win over the Calgary Flames last Sunday but the victory was soured by an ugly incident late in the second period. Daniel Sedin was taken off the ice on a stretcher after being hit from behind by Calgarys Paul Byron. Sedin was taken to hospital and later released. After the hit, Sedin lay crumpled on the ice and couldnt raise his head. "I was scared," he said at Mondays season-ending news conference. "I tried to lift my head at first and couldnt get it off the ice. "The only thing I thought was lay still. I tried to move my hands and it felt good. I went to the hospital and everything looks good. I feel OK today." Tortorella said fans and management cant keep reminiscing about the Canucks loss in Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup final, but instead must concentrate on making the team better again. "Were not in 2011," said the man hired last year to replace the fired Alain Vigneault. "We have to stop talking about 2011. "The core needs to change." Canucks captain Henrik Sedin said the team was "really good" until hhalfway through the season when injuries became a problem.dddddddddddd Both Sedins, Alex Burrows and defenceman Chris Tanev all missed a significant number of games with injuries. "You never want to use injuries (as an excuse but) we had a tough year," said Henrik. "We had guys playing out of position. We had guys playing more minutes than they were used to. "We had to play a different way and we werent able to win playing that way." Tortorella said during this period he made a coaching mistake by giving the room to the players. "I didnt get back in the room and continue to teach the details," he said. "I didnt stay on top of it. "I needed to be pounding away at the details. I think that hurt us in situational play. I think that hurt us in trying to understand how you change momentum. Thats not the team, thats me. Thats my biggest regret." A lack of scoring haunted Vancouver all season. The Canucks managed just 196 goals, leaving them tied for second fewest in the league. For the first time in a non-lockout season, Vancouver had just one 20-goal scorer in Kesler. Daniel Sedin finished the year with 16 goals and went through a stretch of 23 games without scoring. Henrik Sedin had just 11 goals. Burrows, who hadnt scored less than 25 goals in the last four full seasons, had just five. "People talk about we are playing too much defence," said Daniel. "Honestly we played as aggressively as we have been. "That has nothing to do with why our production is down. Its up to us to play like we can." Defenceman Alex Edler, who begins a US$30-million, six-year contract next season, finished the season at -39, the worst plus-minus in the NHL. "There was a lot of changes this year (in how we played in own end) and a lot of new things to get used to," said Edler. "I think I didnt have the year I should have had but I know I am a good player." The Canucks have had several distractions to deal with over the last year. Tortorellas hiring was a surprise. Goaltender Cory Schneider was traded during the summer, meaning Roberto Luongo was the Vancouver starter after believing he was gone. Luongo was eventually traded to Florida. Tortorella missed six games after being suspended for trying to get into the Calgary locker-room following a line brawl to open a Jan. 18 game against the Flames. The Canucks were 2-4-0 during that period, then 2-7-1 when Tortorella returned. "When you lose a head coach its never good," said Henrik Sedin. "I dont think it was specifically that incident that made us start losing." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: livilnie
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5208 Themen und 5210 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

| FAQ