had two incredible careers with tw

in Dein Style bei Doc Dress.de 25.09.2019 10:42
von elaine95 • 170 Beiträge

Tyreek Hill walked off the field holding his wrist Sunday and Kansas City Chiefs fans held their collective breath http://www.steelersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-diontae-johnson-jersey , only to exhale when their star wide receiver checked back into the game.They held it again when Hill hobbled to the sideline with a foot injury.But in a back-and-forth game with significant playoff ramifications, there was no way Hill was going to stay there.He limped back into the game in time to catch Patrick Mahomes‘ 40-yard heave on fourth-and-long to keep the Chiefs alive, then caught three more passes in overtime �? all for first downs �? to set the Chiefs up for the eventual winning field goal against Baltimore.“He’s a fighter,” Mahomes said afterward. “He was hobbled, but you’ve seen this whole season that it’s not just speed now. It’s his route-running, and he knows how to get himself open without speed.”Oh, the speed is still there. Even after the pain in his foot briefly sent him to the sideline, Hill was still the fastest player on the field the moment he stepped back on it.But in addition to his toughness, he also showed how well-rounded he’s become this season.The deep throw from Mahomes was in some ways a wing-and-a-prayer, the kind of ball you throw when you run out of better options. Hill acted like a center fielder as he came back to the ball, tracking it all the way into his hands while a pair of Ravens tried to break it up.“He’s still fast as all get-out,” Mahomes said, “but just being able to get himself open whenever he is a little bit more limited in that situation, it’s a special thing.”Hill finished the game with eight catches for 139 yards, his fifth 100-yard receiving game this season. He now has 1,258 yards to match Tony Gonzalez for the fourth-best single season in franchise history, and he needs just 134 yards to pass Derrick Alexander for the record.That could come as early as Thursday night Justin Layne Jersey , when the Chiefs (11-2) try to clinch the AFC West and a first-round playoff bye against the Los Angeles Chargers at Arrowhead Stadium.“This kid never complains about anything and he practices hard every day,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. “He was banged up a little bit (against Baltimore) and he worked his way through it, came back and made some big plays for us. You love his attitude. He’s another one that is unique.”His attitude may have been the biggest question surrounding Hill coming out of college.He was kicked off the team at Oklahoma State after pleading guilty to domestic assault of his then-pregnant girlfriend. He wound up finishing his college career at West Alabama, and went through counseling and other requirements that convinced the Chiefs to give him a chance.Hill has rewarded them for it, becoming not only one of the most electrifying players in the NFL, but doing so with a positive attitude that has endeared him to many skeptical fans.“Just making plays for the team,” he said with a shrug.Hill also shrugged off any notion that he would have remained out of the game against Baltimore, and he left no doubt that he would be ready for the Chargers. The wrist injury was minor, and the foot was something he was able to play through, and there wasn’t a whole lot more to say.“I was always taught, no matter the circumstances, these are my brothers,” he said, “and they would do the same thing for me.”Notes: OL Cam Erving (knee), WR Sammy Watkins (foot) and RB Spencer Ware (hamstring) did not practice Tuesday. … Defensive coordinator Bob Sutton declined to confirm whether safety Eric Berry would make his season debut Thursday night, but he did sound as if it’s possible. “A lot of times a guy that has missed a lot of time, you have to be careful http://www.steelersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-benny-snell-jr.-jersey ,” he said. “They don’t usually want to come out.” … Offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said it’s likely WR Kelvin Benjamin would make his Chiefs debut after signing late last week. “We’re bringing him along slowly,” Bieniemy said, “but we want him to see the entire package and understand the entire package.” INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Adam Vinatieri’s weekend preparations have already kicked into full force.He’s working with wet footballs, determining his best footgear and getting ready for another potentially big day in messy weather. It’s become a trademark of the NFL’s best clutch kicker.After 22-plus seasons in the NFL, Vinatieri has figured out how to thrive in pretty much every element: rain, wind, sleet, snow, ice and mud.So it would be fitting if Vinatieri breaks Morten Andersen’s career record for field goals in a rainy, windy Washington this weekend.“They’re fun in their own way,” Vinatieri said. “I would prefer decent weather and clean games, if you will, but it’s fun sliding around out there and doing that stuff. It makes your job a little more difficult, but whatever the weather is, we’ll be ready to go.”Bet on it.Vinatieri doesn’t spend much time worrying about forecasts because the South Dakota native has produced some of his best work in the worst of times.Nobody will forget the two kicks he made in the Snow Bowl , or “Tuck Rule” game, to help New England beat Oakland in a divisional-round playoff following the 2001 season. It helped the Patriots capture their first Super Bowl.Last year Zach Gentry Jersey , the oldest player in the league made a seemingly impossible extra point to force overtime in a December blizzard in Buffalo and helped keep the Colts within striking distance just 13 days later in monsoon-like weather in Baltimore.Last week, in the controlled environment of Lucas Oil Stadium, the 45-year-old kicker calmly made 3 of 4 field goals to move within striking distance of Andersen’s career mark (565). Vinatieri is at 562. He’s also 47 points away from breaking Andersen’s career scoring record.“Records are fun to talk about,” said Andersen, who scored 2,544 points in 25 NFL seasons. “Do they define you as a player? I don’t think so. But they can motivate you. I think Adam is more like me, he’s in the now and he wants to win, but he’s earned the right to celebrate it.”Technically, Vinatieri already has more field goals than Andersen, who finished with 583 including playoff games. Vinatieri is the NFL’s postseason record holder for scoring (234) and field goals (56); he has 618 counting the postseason, including two Super Bowl winners in the final minute.But his favorite kicks don’t even show up in the league’s official count.“Obviously, none of the playoff ones count in these, but the most memorable are those when it’s the playoffs and games are on the line and seasons are holding by a string,” Vinatieri said. “So yeah, I would say the Super Bowl, those two, and the one in the Snow Bowl game. Those are probably my top three if I had to rank them.”Along the way Joey Bosa Jersey , Vinatieri has been surrounded by some of the biggest and best names in football history.He’s played for two Super Bowl-winning, Hall of Fame coaches in Bill Parcells and Tony Dungy, and a third, Bill Belichick, who seems like a shoo-in to make it when his career ends.He’s played with two of the league’s greatest quarterbacks, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, and a third, Andrew Luck, who just might join the list one day.He’s won four Super Bowl rings, was the only unanimous selection on the Super Bowl 50 Golden Team, and has participated in a league-record 225 victories.And he still remembers asking Andersen, one of only two full-time kickers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, about the secret to his long, successful career. Whatever Andersen told him certainly stuck with Vinatieri, who has been around longer than a growing number of teammates remember.“I’m the second oldest guy in the locker room and my first year of playing football was his second year in the league,” said right guard Matt Slauson, who turned 32 in February. “So he’s not only had one incredible career Nick Bosa Jersey , he’s essentially had two incredible careers with two different teams. It’s amazing.”Strangely, though, if Vinatieri does break the field goals record this weekend or this month, he’s likely to do it with two unfamiliar names assisting: long snapper Luke Rhodes and punter/holder Rigoberto Sanchez. Both are in their second seasons with the Colts. Rhodes was 4 years old when Vinatieri was a rookie in 1996, while Sanchez was 2.“You grow up watching him and then especially for me, I wasn’t even in this position two years ago,” Rhodes said. “I’m lucky and blessed to be where I am and pretty excited when the day comes he gets to break the record.”But neither has a choreographed script for a celebration. They’d rather let Vinatieri handle that part on his own — especially if it comes in a muddy mess this weekend.“For me, it’s more about an accumulation of a lot of years of work,” Vinatieri said. “Can I remember every kick? No. But you add them all together, and I won’t reminisce on any of that stuff until long after it’s all done and over, if it happens. I will appreciate all the guys that came before me and set those records so high, and to be able to play long enough to get close to them is pretty special.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: hiliumketo
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5235 Themen und 5237 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
dilparseaiho, hiliumketo

| FAQ